Workshop stools

MSDS Sheets or even stories of something stupid you've done in the workshop.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Bob_H
Blackwood

Workshop stools

Post by Bob_H » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:08 pm

Howdy - I have problems with arthritis and other degenerative conditions in my legs. feet, knees and lower back, causing significant pain after relatively short periods of standing and creating real challenges in maintaining patience and focus in completing certain tasks. I am looking for a workshop stool that will allow me to work seated at bench top heights - something stable and comfortable. Is there anyone who has had experience with this challenge who could suggest an appropriate product - something that has worked for them? Or things that haven't worked? Many thanks in advance.
Bob Holbert
Lyndoch

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: Workshop stools

Post by kiwigeo » Sat May 07, 2022 5:22 pm

I'd be looking at something with good support for the lower back. I've had a long history of back issues....about the only time my back is 100% comfortable is when Im standing up...I tend to avoid sitting as much as possible.
Martin

Bob_H
Blackwood

Post by Bob_H » Sat May 07, 2022 6:00 pm

Thanks Martin. I prefer to stand and I'm not too bad if I can keep moving around the shop or the bench. It's the detailed work where you are stuck in one spot (eg filing fret ends, gluing in tentalones) that really tests me!
Bob Holbert
Lyndoch

Mike Thomas
Blackwood

Post by Mike Thomas » Sun May 08, 2022 6:17 pm

Premature post.
Last edited by Mike Thomas on Sun May 08, 2022 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Thomas

"There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method"

Mike Thomas
Blackwood

Post by Mike Thomas » Sun May 08, 2022 6:19 pm

https://backcentre.com.au/product/polys ... and-stool/

I have had one of these for about 10 years, and for me at least, it works very well. The Back Centre has a big range of ergonomic chairs, plenty to choose from, and they have an outlet in Stepney just around the corner from Carbatec. Which may or may not be a positive, depending on how good you are at resisting temptation.
Mike Thomas

"There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method"

Bob_H
Blackwood

Post by Bob_H » Mon May 09, 2022 8:32 am

Thanks Mike - it is the sort of thing I was thinking about - being SA based, I might have to pop in and check them out
Bob Holbert
Lyndoch