Test post

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

kiwigeo
Admin

Test post

Post by kiwigeo » Sat May 23, 2020 11:33 am

Martin

ozziebluesman
Blackwood

Re: Test post

Post by ozziebluesman » Sat May 23, 2020 12:40 pm

Hi Martin,
Is this a new forum function?
I would like to post a youtube video of my Lyon&Healy restoration with some demos.
Cheers
Al
"Play to express, not to impress"

Alan Hamley

http://www.hamleyfineguitars.com/

johnparchem
Blackwood

Post by johnparchem » Sat May 23, 2020 12:46 pm

kiwigeo wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 11:33 am
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBM5r5WnPOs[/youtube]

You still need to to it like this

Code: Select all

[youtube]JBM5r5WnPOs[/youtube]

youtu.be/JBM5r5WnPOs
Last edited by johnparchem on Sat May 23, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sat May 23, 2020 12:46 pm

Hi Al,

No just sorting out an issue for another member. Got it worked out in the end. See Tutorials Section
Martin

Bruce McC
Blackwood

Post by Bruce McC » Sat May 23, 2020 4:26 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiWbBC0SouU

Just thought I would post this maybe start a trend.
hope someone enjoys.
Bruce Mc.

ozziebluesman
Blackwood

Post by ozziebluesman » Sat May 23, 2020 4:41 pm

Thanks Bruce I did enjoy that video.
Cheers
Al
"Play to express, not to impress"

Alan Hamley

http://www.hamleyfineguitars.com/

blackalex1952
Blackwood

Post by blackalex1952 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:59 pm

Well, if I had to test a post, it would depend on it's intended use, eg termite proof and would not rot in the ground as a gatepost...ha ha..I actually had tickets to see George Benson but Covid shut the concert down...so the promoters eventually had to legally return the money, but have made that a complicated process, so they have also offered that George will eventually return if the coast is clear re Covid and he is busy touring to larger audiences as he has quite a schedule touring globally. The end result is that the promoters are sitting on my and many other audience members money which is now invested in their business model. I don't receive interest from my money for leaving it with them and it's a hassle, don't ask why, its complicated, to get my money returned. So we await George's decision on the possibility that he turns up one day and I am still among the living...for now. It was a very different story with another company when Toots and the Maytals cancelled their tour for which I also had tickets...George was a great jazz guitarist when he was only 22 years old and has been world class for so many years. So for those interested here is George as a young man....remember folks, anything is possible while you are alive, so George might even buy one of your hand made guitars...if lady luck shines on you he might even have the cash on him!!!LOL!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnR8EoLTYZ8
George at around 22 years old....boy can he play the blues!
Cheers! Ross
ps I hope he wants an acoustic guitar if he actually turns up in Australia....
"Everything I say on the topic is based solely upon inexperience and assumption!"

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:30 pm

I saw Benson live in Christchurch New Zealand back in the late 70's...was a great show.

Promoters keeping your money when the event has been cancelled...that's called The QANTAS model.
Martin

blackalex1952
Blackwood

Post by blackalex1952 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:22 pm

The Quantas model...an all Aussie invention! By an Irishman and some Career politicians....Next time I visit NZ I'll go there by Maori war canoe....probably cheaper and faster for a start! :mrgreen:
Since I have your attention Martin, is there a possibility of an extra forum where luthiers can post good you tube links to the music that they love and/or listen to in the workshop while working on guitars...hopefully by category? We luthiers have to make guitars for musicians occasionally and everyone can join the dots as to the relevance for all luthiers of how and why good musicians will play one particular guitar design stylistically...eg horses for courses..one would not take a road guitar with nothing but a good pickup to a studio over a good well made high end acoustic in order to use a 20,000 microphone on. In put is everything in audio work. So sharing influences and skills go hand in hand...the heart rules, without musicians we would all be making wall hangers!
Cheers! Ross ( For you Kiwis I am Aussie born, but my grandmothers name was TUI KING. Any Maori family history researchers out there in Kiwiland? If so pm me.)
"Everything I say on the topic is based solely upon inexperience and assumption!"

seeaxe
Blackwood

Post by seeaxe » Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:47 pm

I reckon a waka is your best option if you have enough mates. Otherwise one man rowing dinghy. Air New Zealand will keep your money also.
Kia kaha Ross
Richard