Fingerboard gluing aid

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Taffy Evans
Blackwood

Fingerboard gluing aid

Post by Taffy Evans » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:24 am

Hi all, this is the fingerboard to neck gluing aid I have been using for many years, thought I’d show it.

The pics will tell the story. I find it puts even pressure/contact across the width of the fingerboard when gluing up. Works fine for me.
1-DSCF6037.JPG
1-DSCF6037.JPG (103.53 KiB) Viewed 10465 times
2-DSCF6039.JPG
2-DSCF6039.JPG (76.46 KiB) Viewed 10465 times
3-DSCF6040.JPG
3-DSCF6040.JPG (98.34 KiB) Viewed 10465 times
4-DSCF6042.JPG
4-DSCF6042.JPG (88.3 KiB) Viewed 10465 times
Taff

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: Fingerboard gluing aid

Post by kiwigeo » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:33 am

That workshop looks disgustingly clean Taff......... :?
Martin

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:42 am

kiwigeo wrote:That workshop looks disgustingly clean Taff......... :?
Na, refer to the first picture & to paraphrase the movie 'Sixth Sense'...."I see sawdust". :wink:

Cunning bugger Taffy, as with all your jigs e.t.c it's amazingly simple but damn effective, nice tip :cl Could have been a nice bit of figured Sapele or something though :P
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

Lillian
Blackwood

Post by Lillian » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:23 am

Nice and simple. I like that. Thanks Taffy.

Come on Martin, by Hesh's standards, it's a total mess. Its all a matter of perspective.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:33 pm

Lillian wrote:Nice and simple. I like that. Thanks Taffy.

Come on Martin, by Hesh's standards, it's a total mess. Its all a matter of perspective.
Yes agreed..Hesh is the standard for disgustingly tidy workshops.

Right now Im standing ankle deep in spruce shavings working on a back. The floor might get swept today sometime if I get time.
Martin

Taffy Evans
Blackwood

Post by Taffy Evans » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi Guys, the comment about the tidy workshop made me laugh, that must have been a "mans" tidy. Today my wife offered to help me tidy my workshops it took three hours, now that must be a woman's tidy. I had to do it properly, she had me moving machines moving wood stacks even throwing stuff out, throwing stuff out is not something that comes easy.

She even took cobwebs off the walls and ceilings that had hung there like Christmas decorations since last year [Hesh will have to Google cobwebs] :lol: , and, saying silly things like "why are we stepping over this extension lead all the time, why not run it over the door and down the other side". So guess what? now there's nothing to step over and I wasted 5 minute doing it [after 5 years].

I did however get a chance to notice that most of my jigs [for building, and there's a truck load of them] are of the same fine quality as the one shown here. All types of recycled materials are used, but they all work and do their intended job well.

One good thing came of this clean up [the things one finds] a new tool was born........to be continued.
Taff

Clancy
Blackwood

Post by Clancy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:48 pm

"why are we stepping over this extension lead all the time, why not run it over the door and down the other side"
Now Taff, I'm afraid I'm going to have to cite your wife for incorrect procedure relating to a Workplace Health & Safety issue.
She should have submitted an SOS (Safety Observation - Site) with a full description of the potential incident, from which a full WH&S committee meeting could be formed and the correct response debated until a satisfactory outcome achieved wherby the approved and licensed professionals are notified to attend and rectify the aforementioned offending article.
I suspect that an electrician would have been required on-site to disable power to lead, followed by a pair of technicians with a step-ladder to lift the lead into it's new, safe, place - but not before a union official has conducted a site inspection and deemed that the site is safe to now enter.

Sorry mate, that's just how it is!
Craig
I'm not the sharpest tool in my shed