Still some good service in this country

Got a new way of doing something? Or maybe an old method that needs some clarification.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

kiwigeo
Admin

Still some good service in this country

Post by kiwigeo » Thu May 14, 2015 10:34 am

A thumbs up to AP workshop who supply alot of my router cutters.

I ordered two cutters 5 days ago and they finally arrived today....via "Express Post". Yesterday I contacted Stuart at AP Workshop to check if the cutters had been sent and he said he'd look into it. He also straightaway gave me a generous discount on my next order.

So to Aussie Post.....your Express Post service sucks and to Stuart at AP Workshop....good on ya mate.
Martin

Nick
Blackwood

Re: Still some good service in this country

Post by Nick » Fri May 15, 2015 6:01 am

kiwigeo wrote:So to Aussie Post.....your Express Post service sucks.
Australian Post express service (picture taken on a lunchbreak)

As opposed to their standard service
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

demonx
Blackwood

Post by demonx » Sat May 16, 2015 8:11 am

If you read their fine print, Australia Post says express post overnight delivery only applies from capital city to capital city.

Since I live in a regional city, normal post and express post seem to have no difference.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sat May 16, 2015 8:11 pm

demonx wrote:If you read their fine print, Australia Post says express post overnight delivery only applies from capital city to capital city.

Since I live in a regional city, normal post and express post seem to have no difference.
I caught the buggers out the other day. I was in my workshop.....and watched the Aussie Post contractor stop at my letter box and start writing out the card instructing me to trapse down to the local PO and pick up the parcel. I raced down and intercepted the bastard and asked him why he hadnt bothered ringing the door bell to check if I was home. The stupid bastard was so shocked he didnt have time to think of an excuse....busted badly!!
Martin

Bob Connor
Admin

Post by Bob Connor » Sat May 16, 2015 9:47 pm

I don't blame him. You've got a bloody steep driveway. :lol:
Bob, Geelong

Mainwaring and Connor Guitars

demonx
Blackwood

Post by demonx » Sun May 17, 2015 7:51 am

kiwigeo wrote:
demonx wrote:If you read their fine print, Australia Post says express post overnight delivery only applies from capital city to capital city.

I caught the buggers out the other day. I was in my workshop.....and watched the Aussie Post contractor stop at my letter box and start writing out the card instructing me to trapse down to the local PO and pick up the parcel. I raced down and intercepted the bastard and asked him why he hadnt bothered ringing the door bell to check if I was home. The stupid bastard was so shocked he didnt have time to think of an excuse....busted badly!!
You're lucky he stopped. Ours has the card pre written and doesn't even bother to bring the parcels. The card just gets thrown in with the letter mail.

Very annoying. Pretty sure it's part of their cut backs. Our mail doesn't even get sorted here any more as they closed the sorting facility and it all gets done in Melbourne then sent every other day, so postage now takes even longer than before.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Mon May 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Bob Connor wrote:I don't blame him. You've got a bloody steep driveway. :lol:
Keeps the Jehovahs Witnesses away.....
Martin

Steve.Toscano
Blackwood

Post by Steve.Toscano » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:23 pm

For my business i'm often getting items posted to our Sydney office from New York.

Most the time the tracking shows it takes 2 days to go from New York - Sydney airport, another day or 2 to get through customs, then Aus Post pick it up and 4-5 business days to go from Syd airport to our office at Alexandria (a massive 8kms).