Theyre Here

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

kiwigeo
Admin

Theyre Here

Post by kiwigeo » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:14 pm

Blossom Goodchild???

Sounds like somebody smoked a bit too much weed back at Woodstock. If the aliens do come I hope they suck Miss Goodchild up into their space ship and give her the full physical checkup.

Id better warn Craig....that lovely polished nut and droopy moustache would make him a very likely target for any aliens lurking around.

From the NZ Press (boring day in NZ obviously):

Are we alone in the universe? We may find out today.
The internet is buzzing with rumours that aliens will announce themselves to the world today in a spaceship that will be visible in Earth's skies for three days, Britain's Daily Star reported.
The rumours were triggered by a predication by US psychic Blossom Goodchild, who said the aliens had told her of their plans.
She said the aliens "come in love" and will help humanity "move to a new higher vibration of love", the Daily Star said.
The threat isn't being dismissed by Britain's bookies either, who have stopped taking bets on the UFO prediction.
One told the Daily Star his company stands to lose millions of pounds if the ship does appear.

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:48 pm

Bet ya a grand (that I don't have) that they don't turn up.

Seriously, does this chick have any understanding about the distances involved?

Did see a UFO once when I was a kid though, it was on the channel 7 news too. Go figure.

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Re: Theyre Here

Post by sebastiaan56 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:08 pm

kiwigeo wrote:She said the aliens "come in love" and will help humanity "move to a new higher vibration of love", the Daily Star said.
this is why i prefer Dr Who......
make mine fifths........

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:15 pm

If it's higher vibrations of love she's after why can't she just settle for the fast spin cycle on the washing machine like everyone else? :D

Cheers

Kim

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:43 pm

What bugs me is this blind assumption that aliens are more intelligent than us humans.

Anyone ever see the movie "Morons from Outer Space"? Its about a bunch of very stupid aliens who crash land their spacecraft on the M1 in the UK.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?cli ... a=N&tab=wv#

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Post by sebastiaan56 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:53 pm

Kim wrote:If it's higher vibrations of love she's after why can't she just settle for the fast spin cycle on the washing machine like everyone else? :D

Cheers

Kim
That was discrete Kim.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
make mine fifths........

Stu
Blackwood

Post by Stu » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:06 pm

Why can't Psychics/nutbags predict something more 'down to earth',
like a major stockmarket crash ?

Or what colour undies I'm gonna wear tomorrow. :shock:

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:16 am

Something that has always got a giggle out of me was something that happened when we first moved to Australia.

In a local mini mall in the town that we lived in, there was a Psychic that had a small store front. We had some torrential rains that flooded the premises, and the next day they had a sign up in the window that said they were closed due to flooding. It was too much for my wife, who then tacked up a sign that said "Wouldn't a good Psychic have foreseen this".

I guess this was just a little too down to earth for them.
Allen R. McFarlen
https://www.brguitars.com
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Post by Hesh1956 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:15 am

Kim wrote:If it's higher vibrations of love she's after why can't she just settle for the fast spin cycle on the washing machine like everyone else? :D

Cheers

Kim
:lmao :D Good one Kim and I thought that you were most discrete - you could have substituted the washing machine for an oscillating spindle sander...... :D

BillyT
Blackwood

Post by BillyT » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:34 am

Why can't Psychics/nutbags predict something more 'down to earth', like a major stockmarket crash ?
Oh! There's a good reason why! :roll: