Greetings from South Carolina

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

gtrboy77
Wandoo

Greetings from South Carolina

Post by gtrboy77 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:44 pm

Hi everyone, I am an amateur luthier in the U.S. and I’m new to this site. I’ve built a couple ukuleles and three acoustic guitars and I am getting ready to start on my first archtop. I’ve been a member of both GAL and ASIA here in the States and I read their magazines from cover to cover when I get them in the mail. I’ve also read a little bit here and there of both Ervin Somogyi’s books and Trevor Gore’s books. A lot of the material in both of those book sets are kind of “out there” for me, but there is also a lot that I can understand. I love making my own tooling and fixtures and I hope that I can both learn some new things from the people on here, as well as pass along some ideas that I’ve learned along the way. I guess that I should also add that I’ve worked in manufacturing for almost 30 years. I was trained as a machinist, but have also worked in welding, brazing, heat treat, and now work in quality assurance. I’ve also been a hobby woodworker for about as long. Anyway, sorry for rambling on.

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: Greetings from South Carolina

Post by kiwigeo » Mon Apr 03, 2023 10:37 am

Welcome to the ANZLF mate..look forward to some photos of some of your builds.
Martin

gtrboy77
Wandoo

Re: Greetings from South Carolina

Post by gtrboy77 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:50 am

Thanks. Here is a link to a YouTube video that I made a couple years ago about an acoustic guitar that I built for my brother as a gift for helping take care of our dad during the last year he was alive:

https://youtu.be/mOX2sBimCyk