RIP Chick Corea

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

kiwigeo
Admin

RIP Chick Corea

Post by kiwigeo » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:32 pm

Martin

Mark McLean
Blackwood

Re: RIP Chick Corea

Post by Mark McLean » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:38 pm

He was one of those that brought music into a new phase and saw beyond genre boundaries. And just bloody talented. Lately I have been listening over and over again to the Miles Davis album In a Silent Way. He had three keyboard players in that band - Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock and Joe Zawinul, plus John McLaughlin on guitar and Wayne Shorter on sax. The interplay of the keyboardists, all on the same track, is great.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:01 pm

Bitches Brew = Modal Miles. Its an album I used to not like but that's changed over the years. Keith Jarett played on the live version of the album...but looks very lost and out of place in some of the video footage.
Mark McLean wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:38 pm
He was one of those that brought music into a new phase and saw beyond genre boundaries. And just bloody talented. Lately I have been listening over and over again to the Miles Davis album In a Silent Way. He had three keyboard players in that band - Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock and Joe Zawinul, plus John McLaughlin on guitar and Wayne Shorter on sax. The interplay of the keyboardists, all on the same track, is great.
Martin

Mark McLean
Blackwood

Post by Mark McLean » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:30 pm

Here's a good one - NPR Tiny desk concert with Gary Burton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15IHNYq6stw