Hi Guys!

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Hi Guys!

Post by Hesh1956 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:04 pm

Hi everyone - I have been absent from posting for a couple of weeks now because I moved to a new home and town. Things are finally settling down so I have some time to check in with my favorite wankers and stir the pot some.... :D

After reading the active threads it looks like you all have been getting along very well - what do you think the problem is? :D

Anyway its great to be back!

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:19 pm

Gidday Hesh,

Good to see you back and glad to hear the move went well. When do we get to see pics of the new workshop?

Cheers Martin

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:53 am

Hey Hesh,

Welcome back nice to see your dots and zeros on screen again. Same question as Martin, how long do you reckon before Heshtone Guitars are in full swing??

Cheers

Kim

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:40 am

Welcome back Hesh. Are you going to wait to get the new shop built, or are you going to start building in the ensuite again. :roll:
Allen R. McFarlen
https://www.brguitars.com
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:23 pm

Hesh....Dunny Luthier

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Post by Hesh1956 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:31 pm

Good morning my friends.

My plan is to spend the rest of the summer putting in the lawn, driveway, landscaping, and irrigation system - not necessarily in that order..... :D

Here are some shots of the new digs and shop area. This fall I will start building the shop. The new shop will be in my basement and I will be building some false walls against the exterior walls and a sub floor too in order to make the place more manageable RH wise. Right now the shop/basement is pretty dry for a basement in Michigan in the spring.

The new shop will be about 484 Square feel of usable space divided into a main/dirty work room, a clean carpeted work room, and RH controlled storage. I was going to include an office in this space so I have a place to make my rude and stupid comments on the forum from. But I decided to build the office outside the shop.

Here are some pics:

Thanks for looking - I have to go move sprinklers.......

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:13 pm

Looks like an excellent base from which to re-establish and grow Hesh and tis good to see you have the natives involved.

I gotta say, I just love the Somogyi sticker got anymore??

Cheers

Kim

BillyT
Blackwood

Post by BillyT » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:22 am

Hey!!! What are the little flags?
Are the neighbors planting landmines already! You need a Gambian Giant Rat! :D

We already talked about your new place! I think it awesome! I have a feeling there's going to be some nice work coming out of that basement. You mentioned putting in a subfloor is that for radiant heating?

Larry Davis
Sassafras

Post by Larry Davis » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:27 am

Nice!! I love new carpet 'cause you know it's not full of old boogers..only yours!!!!
Still searching for the mother of all figures.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:35 am

BillyT wrote:Hey!!! What are the little flags?

The flags are so he can find his way to his front door when he comes home from the pub shit faced.

Ron Wisdom
Blackwood

Post by Ron Wisdom » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:35 pm

Looking great, Hesh!! This place is going to be real luxury.

Ron

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Post by Hesh1956 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:09 pm

Thanks guys!

Billy the flags are how they mark the utility lines for home owners that want to excavate their yards. You make one call here, or fill out a form on the web site, and within 48 hours the cable TV company, electrical, natural gas, and phone companies will survey and mark your entire property. It's a free service here too since they don't want the expense of having to make a repair or a dead home owner.

Since I am putting in an irrigation system and planting trees, starting tomorrow, I had the entire place surveyed.

Larry my friend I completely agree. Have you ever seen the surfaces, bed spreads, lamp shades, remote controls, phone in a nice hotel under a UV light...... The places are filthy and when ever I check into an hotel room the first thing that I do is unplug the phone, find the remote and throw them on the bed spread and then wad that up and throw it on the balcony or outside..... Then I wash my hands...... Seriously......

Several years ago I checked into a very highly rated major hotel in LA and was tired as hell. I set up my lap top on the desk and worked for about an hour returning work emails. When I finally sat back I was horrified...... the lamp right next to me on the desk and a foot from my computer with a beige share had a used condom fully unrolled and draped over the outside of the shade. It matched so well that I can understand why the maids missed it since I did too for an hour. I was on the 8th floor and unplugged the lamp, went on the balcony, checked below to avoid collateral damage and pitched the entire lamp off the balcony.

Then I called the manager and explained what happened and that although I can understand how this could happen since the color match was near perfect I didn't appreciate it. He told me that I had nothing to worry about and then comped my room and entire stay. The next morning the lamp was cleaned up and gone..... End of story but man was I grossed out....

Billy no plan for radiant heating mostly because I am a cheap bastard but it would be a great idea I am sure.

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Post by sebastiaan56 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:59 pm

Hesh my man,

Its a real shame to see you end up in such squalor, may I respectfully suggest you get a few blokes over with a couple of slabs and drench the place properly.

I didnt know you were a microbiologist.... I used to teach people in the food industry to wash their hands. We had a cream that we would get them to rub in and then get them to wash their hands. You guessed it....... it glowed bright green under UV. Amazing the response from the senior managers when they got caught out.....

Sebastiaan
make mine fifths........