Unashamed plug - ANZLF Preferred Vendor??

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: Unashamed plug - ANZLF Preferred Vendor??

Post by kiwigeo » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:39 am

Tomato-like trebles with a big fat cheesy bottom end?
Martin

nnickusa
Blackwood

Post by nnickusa » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:27 pm

Very cheesy, and, the veggies give a nicely balanced range of mids and when you add a dash of hot chili, the highs just scream..... :lol: :lol:
I wish I was half the man my dog thinks I am....

Cheers,
Nick

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DMI-hand ... 744?ref=hl

DarwinStrings
Blackwood

Post by DarwinStrings » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:37 am

Nice work Nick, glad you are not in Darwin as you would just cause arguments between me and the kids as to which Pizza place to go (ever wondered if Domino's actually use re-cycled domino's for their dough?).

Jim
Life is good when you are amongst the wood.
Jim Schofield

nnickusa
Blackwood

Post by nnickusa » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Thanks Jim. Just for the record, Domino's does NOT make pizza, they make a pizza shaped inedible food-like object that sells for bugger all, and undermines people making quality pizza.

They are to pizza what McDonalds is to the hamburger.....

Cheers,
Nick

liam_fnq
Blackwood

Post by liam_fnq » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:27 pm

One of my sparky mates had to go to one of the (unnamed) pizza crap houses and had to drill into a masonry wall above a prep bench that had a big tub of "pizza" sause on it. He asked the staff if they wanted to move it so it didn't get ground up concrete in it. None of them were interested.

Guess what extra topping everyone that was silly enough to buy one of the (unnamed) crap pizzas that night got.

DarwinStrings
Blackwood

Post by DarwinStrings » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:41 pm

I always up for a guess Liam, I figure your mate had to lean over that bench in order to drill the hole as I have never seen a remote controlled hammer drill. I also reckon it would be pretty warm working in a place with dirty great process line pizza ovens especially once you get up to ladder height so my guess is the sweat that dripped of his hairy beer belly.

Jim
Life is good when you are amongst the wood.
Jim Schofield

needsmorecowbel
Blackwood

Post by needsmorecowbel » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:48 pm

If anyone is struggling to find a classic old school Hamburger. There is a place in Melbourne for anyone planning to travel down this way in future called Danny's Burgers (located in Fitzroy 6-7 km from the City) that is worth the $7-8 trip.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/71/760558/r ... zroy-North

If you read the reviews they are quite mixed. But the main thing people seem to miss with places like this is that they are being compared to "modern" hamburger restaurants like grilld which have like 4-7 condiments and are stacked so high with burger components that you can't easily eat it (not to mention it costs like $19 with chips&drink). Sometimes these restaurants needs to stake the burger with a toothpick/ skewer to keep it from bursting at the seams. Danny's aren't trying to be fancy like this...they are just flipping burgers in an old school diner setting. You want beetroot, they don't have it...It is a minimalist burger. A piece of meat, some extras if you want them and a toasted bun with onions and tomato sauce.... People complain about it being "tasteless" and not having 7 types of MSG but if you want an old school minimalist burger that may be on the "dry" side rather than being in the "soaked in oil" category Danny's Burgers is worth a shot.

nnickusa
Blackwood

Post by nnickusa » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:09 pm

A good burger should never be dry either. The juice from the meat should run down your forearms when you eat it :lol:

The biggest mistake folks make when making a burger is to use meat that is too l;ow in fat content. You should start with 85% lean (more or less 3 star around here) and not over cook it. Getting a well-done piece of meat right is the trick. Much harder than the lesser cooked varieties. Couple seconds too much time, and dry is the result....

I'm a fan of a plain burger(cheese, OK) on a good quality roll, with just tomato sauce on it.

If you get a good one of those, you'll understand what a burger is all about....

Cheers,
Nick

needsmorecowbel
Blackwood

Post by needsmorecowbel » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:00 pm

I agree but I can't stand burgers that are overly saturated with oil. They give me almost instant migraines...I am also a fan of the simple burger. There are too many places trying to be super fancy with seven kinds of mayonaise, satay sauce or aoili. Bit of Cheese, Maybe some Bacon, Tomato Sauce and onions...RIPPPER

P Bill
Blackwood

Post by P Bill » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:20 am

Anyone can make a superb burger at home. I can't remember the last burger I bought.
"Were you drying your nails or waving me good bye?" Tom Waits

Bill

MBP
Blackwood

Post by MBP » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:41 pm

Hey,

I have had pizza there a couple of times visiting friends or for festivals.

Most of the time I have been under the influence but loved the pizza.

Friends have moved from the area so unfortunately doubt I will be there any time soon.