Year 12 Formal....

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

nnickusa
Blackwood

Year 12 Formal....

Post by nnickusa » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Friday was a monemtous day in our household. Our daughter, Emily, has finished her HSC's and Friday was FORMAL night. Here's a quick pick of her with my wife.
image.jpg
It was a bit fun, as awards were handed out, and ours got several Academic Awards, and a letter of early acceptance to one University.....Now I can change her room into a workshop..... :twisted:
I wish I was half the man my dog thinks I am....

Cheers,
Nick

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DMI-hand ... 744?ref=hl

needsmorecowbel
Blackwood

Re: Year 12 Formal....

Post by needsmorecowbel » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:50 pm

2 weeks prior

Daughter: "Dad...you left a measuring tape in my room. What were you using it for?"

Nick: "No Reason.... :twisted:"

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:37 pm

Which ones your daughter and which one's your wife. They both look the same age :)
Martin

Lillian
Blackwood

Post by Lillian » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:29 am

kiwigeo wrote:Which ones your daughter and which one's your wife. They both look the same age :)

Funny, I was going to ask the same question.

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:19 am

Congrats to your daughter Nick, I guess now she's going to be going to Uni you can retire the lump of 4x2 Maple you kept near the front door to chase the pimply faced teenage boys away :wink:
Congrats also on gaining a workshop (even though your wife has other plans for the room), a little tip, always put your workbench near the window :D
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

nnickusa
Blackwood

Post by nnickusa » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:08 am

Thanks all. Em's been pretty good, but we live in a pretty boring place.

I have been quite firmly disabused of the notion that the room will be anything but Em's bedroom.... :cry:

It appears that for the foreseeable future, it will be maintained as a shrine by my wife, who is already stressing about the not-so-imminent (February) departure..... :roll:

Ah well, when we move in a year or so, I might be able to stake claim to a small space of my own...
I wish I was half the man my dog thinks I am....

Cheers,
Nick

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DMI-hand ... 744?ref=hl

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:32 am

nnickusa wrote:I have been quite firmly disabused of the notion that the room will be anything but Em's bedroom.... :cry:
:lmao :lmao :lmao
Marriage is always a matter of compromise, what it doesn't say on the marriage documents anywhere is that it's only expected from the Male, not the female. :lol:
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

Kamusur
Blackwood

Post by Kamusur » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:08 am

Two very lovely ladies there, well done Nick.

Steve

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Lovely girls you have there Nick..Our eldest daughter has just come out the other side of being a kid also so off to uni next year for her too. I don't know how she'll go out there in the great big world though cause she's a really defiant bugger. Since she was 4 maybe 5 I must have told her at least a thousand times.... STOP GROWING UP!!! But she just didn't listen and now it looks like I'll soon be losing the best team playing mate I ever had...Man you should of seen us back when the girls and I were the inseparable axis of evil.

On stink'in hot days with no aircon and the missus on arvo shift, we would head up the shops to escape the heat and make a little mischief for our entertainment. Ella, myself, that shopping trolley, and later on our youngest Darci, were a force to be reckoned with. Scourge of the narrow aisles and sworn nemesis of menopausal women with facial hair and skinny men with big ears, we would go sailing swiftly through the cool breeze laughing at the danger we created for others and thumbing our noses at authority (quite literally at times), and later, as the crowds thinned and the Freo Dr was waiting at our door, we would head home opening up to its medicine for hot afternoons and have ourselves a well earned nap before enjoying the obligatory dip just prior to sunset, and then an easy dinner and bed for them, and a couple of coldies for me while waiting for common sense to arrive home from work. 8)

Must say that being childish and immature isn't near as much fun as it use to be back when she had curly blonde hair and I was the apple of her eye. But it's still OK every now and then, although far more difficult to get away with now that I'm nobody's Superman. :( .... :D

I really enjoyed being a Dad to my kids. But I think in the name of image, sometimes young adults take things just a little too seriously. When my girls get like that I find myself hoping they will grow out of growing up before they have kids of their own. Because without the influence of artful adventure and harmless inappropriateness they'll all miss out on one of the best parts of life.

Cheers

Kim

Mike Thomas
Blackwood

Post by Mike Thomas » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Kim, you have a real talent for language. I love it.
Mike Thomas

"There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method"

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:59 pm

Thanks Mike, very nice of you to say so. :D

Cheers

Kim