Well I've been....

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Nick
Blackwood

Well I've been....

Post by Nick » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:38 pm

& gawn & done it!
I'm now officially a member of the Apple club. My gen3 iPad showed up at work this morning only to find out from our IT guy that they've released the iPad4 this morning! Mind you it's only a bit of extra grunt in the CPU & better camera, neither of which I will give two flying f**ks for! :shock: I have an interest (some call it an unhealthy one!) in synths old & new & there are some really nice Music Apps & Synths so this one will be solely used for making software based muzak.
Nice bit of kit, well designed. I can now sit and swipe at a bit of screen with the best of them :lol:
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

nnickusa
Blackwood

Re: Well I've been....

Post by nnickusa » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:21 pm

Got one for my birthday yesterday from the wife and daughter. I have to admit to a bit of vertigo when you do the screen enlarge thing, and do find it just a wee bit annoying to not have the capability to use the "usual" methods of upping and downing the screen. My hand gets in the way! Pretty cool bit of gear, I will say. At least get yourself the blue-tooth keypad. Makes it a lot easier for typing...
I wish I was half the man my dog thinks I am....

Cheers,
Nick

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DMI-hand ... 744?ref=hl

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:01 pm

Welcome to the dark side Nick.
Allen R. McFarlen
https://www.brguitars.com
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

68matts
Blackwood

Post by 68matts » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:58 pm

I'm supposed to be getting one for work soon so that the office will be able to keep us completely up to date on changes to jobs as they come in. I can see a whole lot of time wasted checking out guitar related apps and playing angry birds :D .
Matt

Cookie man
Myrtle

Post by Cookie man » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:51 pm

68matts wrote: I can see a whole lot of time wasted...playing angry birds
+1, its way too tempting, when you get the chance to use yours or someone elses apple device to fling birds at pigs for a couple hours (no wonder the game creators are billionaires :lol: )
needsmorecowbel wrote: Markus it doesn't count when you briefly duck out the shed, make a fly fishing rod, then catch a trout from your hand carved canoe, package it (with the hand made vacuum machine) and then take a photo with your home made electron microscope....
:lol:

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:47 pm

Was passing through Christchurch Airport on the way back to Adelaide and somehow ended up boarding the plane with a new iPad in my bag. The boss Has been harassing me to buy one so that's my excuse for buying the thing.

So far I like it......
Martin