America's next President

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:29 am

I watched both videos, and I must say that they are really worth seeing if you have a good broadband connection. Aaron Russo documentary is a real eye opener, and a great deal of it about the Fed Reserve was news to me, as I'm sure it would be to many people.
Allen R. McFarlen
https://www.brguitars.com
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Post by sebastiaan56 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:17 am

Good advice, buy commodities, short investment banks. Interesting comments about gold as well.

As for the Fed, it doesnt seem like it has the same mandate as Australia's Reserve Bank. Ours is simple, keep the economy on an even keel, measure this using inflation and keep it at under 3%. Everyone here knows how it will react.

Its going to be a rough ride for everyone I think, there has been easy credit for a long time. Particularly for making war.......
make mine fifths........

Larry Davis
Sassafras

Mad Dog McCain???

Post by Larry Davis » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:06 am

Mad Dog McCain? Hundred Year Iraq War John?? I was Against torture when I Cracked Under Torture before I Voted For Torture To Get President Whatmeworry Numbnuts Political Endorsement and Hand Down My Pants McCain?? That McCain??

Not sure what the tax base for petrol in Oz is, but it's 66% in England. Apples should be compared to apples by the media that keep saying out Brits are wishing their petrol prices were down at the USA level.

It works out this way in reality:

Brit petrol @ $7.00/gallon less 66% tax is $2.38 a gallon. Add back on the .46 CENTS for federal USA tax and it's $2.84/gallon compared to near $4.00/gallon in some locations in USA. Of course, states add on tax which is included in the final pump price and that varies. Being a wood cutter and not a math genius I'm open to all math corrections :)
Still searching for the mother of all figures.

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Post by Hesh1956 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:08 am

So Larry my friend I take it that you are not a fan of John? :D

Actually, although I disagree with McCain's positions I have a feeling that that he is more of a "I am what I am and I owe no one any thing" guy then Obama or Hillary. I am still not sure that Hillary is not a guy either.......

You know don't ya that John McCain holds a very unique distinction. He is the only US fighter pilot in history to ever be shot down prior to taking off...... How can this be you ask?

He was in his plane on a carrier off the coast of Vietnam being prepared to take off and another plane across the carrier's deck had a sidewinder cook off that shot across the deck and hit McCain's plane. McCain was able to open the canopy and roll out of his plane as it was consumed in fire but over 100 crew members died in the ensuing fire and explosions........ The carrier very nearly sunk too.......

After being hospitalized he was returned to his carrier and I think, but I am not sure if I remember this part correctly, on his first combat mission after being shot down before taking off he successfully launched from the carrier and was then shot down 18 minutes later by the NVA over North Vietnam. This is how he became a prisoner of war.

Not to belittle his service which I greatly appreciate him for but getting shot down twice and once before you took off is rather unusual wouldn't you say?

Sebastiaan my friend you know bro I always find myself reading your comments and thinking that I wished that we lived closer because I really like the very good guy that I think that you are.

Regardless of if credit is easy or tight unfortunately many leaders know that war is an excellent way to divert attention from their own inability to lead and instilling fear, uncertainty, and doubt (coined FUD by IBM marketeers in the corporate world) sells....... A recession will be denied, high oil prices will be better tolerated, Bin Lauden will not be thought of so often, when our young people are in harms way in a foreign land where the women are so very ugly that berkas are a blessing to the western world........ Damn - I just made a racist remark...... :D

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:23 pm

sebastiaan56 wrote:...
Its going to be a rough ride for everyone I think, there has been easy credit for a long time. Particularly for making war.......
My Grandfather told me as a small boy, to never be indebted to any man. Even for your home. My parents never owed money to any one. They bought land and we all helped to build a small home. Then added on as money became available. The old fella had some great advice, and when you don't owe anyone a cent, it really doesn't matter squat what interest rates are doing.

In our Grandparents day, they somehow managed to do without until they had the money to buy something they needed. Banks, credit card companies and department stores have done a very good job at convincing the sheep that they deserve a lifestyle that they can't afford. :?

I think that it's most evident starting with the Baby Boomer generation. It really cracks me up when friends complain about their kids being lazy, or out of control, or worse yet, sponges still living at home when they are 30+. It always seems to come down to them saying "We don't know were we went wrong...We gave them everything they wanted"!
Allen R. McFarlen
https://www.brguitars.com
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:31 pm

Et voila!

Agreed 100% Allen!
Jesus, family, friends, guitar and mandolin : D

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Post by sebastiaan56 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:06 am

Hesh1956 wrote: Sebastiaan my friend you know bro I always find myself reading your comments and thinking that I wished that we lived closer because I really like the very good guy that I think that you are.
:oops: :oops: , I luv ya too man...... sniff...
Hesh1956 wrote:Regardless of if credit is easy or tight unfortunately many leaders know that war is an excellent way to divert attention from their own inability to lead and instilling fear, uncertainty, and doubt (coined FUD by IBM marketeers in the corporate world) sells....... A recession will be denied, high oil prices will be better tolerated, Bin Lauden will not be thought of so often, when our young people are in harms way in a foreign land where the women are so very ugly that berkas are a blessing to the western world........ Damn - I just made a racist remark...... :D
Good call. Bank stocks took another pummelling here yesterday, some are at 12 PE ratios, buy, buy , buy..... I wonder if the Fed would give me some cheap money?
make mine fifths........

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Post by Hesh1956 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:08 am

It might be a good idea to stay the hell away from bank stocks...... I don't think that we know the half of liquidly crisis yet........

The only thing that I know of that is truly inelastic in demand is toilet paper........ At least it is here........ :D

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Post by sebastiaan56 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:00 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I reckon the actual stock exchanges themselves. Here they are a monopoly, like fishing in a barrel.
make mine fifths........

BillyT
Blackwood

Post by BillyT » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:00 pm

Hesh1956 wrote: I am still not sure that Hillary is not a guy either.......
She's a chick!
Her boobs are too small to be a 60 yr old guy! :shock: :D

She's passing out election novelties now! Fitting!

Paul B

Post by Paul B » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:05 pm

Nice pic, I used to know a girl like that.

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Post by Hesh1956 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:23 pm

Hysterical!!!!! I was not sure what it was that is between her legs so I Googled this - she is a nut cracker...... :D

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Post by sebastiaan56 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:49 pm

Hesh,

you sent me off googling as I have heard that there is also Hillary toilet paper available, so what did I turn up?

http://www.hillarystore.com/accessories.htm

Now Im scared, truly scared.

Hey Paul, you met my ex huh......
make mine fifths........

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Post by sebastiaan56 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:53 am

and do it very very articulately
make mine fifths........