America's next President

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:25 am

Thanks Dennise, that's got to be the best way to start a day. With a bloody good laugh.
Allen R. McFarlen
https://www.brguitars.com
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:22 am

I got a good chuckle from it, but then my paranoia set it. I mean, maybe it is true! Maybe they are watching me, right now!

Check this out: In The Know: Is The Government Spying On Paranoid Schizophrenics Enough?

Dennis
p.s. James, some States or localities will be using computer voting machines. I guess we know what the "vote count" will be in those areas. nudge, nuge, wink, say no more, say no more...
Another damn Yank!

James Mc
Blackwood

Post by James Mc » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:35 am

You would think that the powers that be would avoid computers... lefties have better computer geeks than they do! Dennis, you do software development don't ya? Any chance you could go work for them and give the cause a bit of help?

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:41 pm

James Mc wrote:You would think that the powers that be would avoid computers... lefties have better computer geeks than they do! Dennis, you do software development don't ya? Any chance you could go work for them and give the cause a bit of help?
Tempting, but then those with ethics and morals would have the most difficult time "fixing" an election.

However, put me in a time machine right this minute, and set it back to the first Bush 'election', and give me access to change the outcome of THAT election, and well, ethics and morals would not allow me NOT to keep Bush and his ilk out of political office. And, knowing what I know now, if I were to "fix" the 2000 US presidential election, Bush would have been looking at the wrong end of an enormous landslide - a tidal wave that his minions could not have reversed.

This would be a good topic for a university level ethics class. "What if..."

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:32 pm

What are the voices saying right now Dennise? :wink:

That's just too funny, and I've forwarded the link to all my paranoid friends.
Allen R. McFarlen
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:20 pm

James Mc wrote:Here is a more disturbing image for Australians
"MAN LOVE RULES!!!!"

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:26 am

Ok, so now i'm being paranoid huh?

Maybe. we'll see.

The God i have i did not choose first, He chose me first.

The pastor i have, i chose him after careful scrutiny.

Jesus said: My kingdom is not of this world.

This world is under Satan's rules ever since the fall of man.

Jesus also said: Choose whom you will serve this day and everyday i choose to serve Him, not man and that is why i bother some of you.

I have nothing against anyone here, my sense of reality is just different than yours and i forgive those who made comments that really did hurt me.

I love you guys even if some of you hate my guts for having become who i am now in Him and for telling you things that are not pleasant for your ears, a friend will not just tell you what you want to hear, a friend will also receive a slap in the face and accept it gladly for the truth was told.

We reap what we sow, i hope you all can remember me as a friend who was courageous enough and loves you enough to tell you things that are not politicly correct for they are not of this world and mean that a greater love is right there accesssible for all to take.

Serge
Jesus, family, friends, guitar and mandolin : D

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:46 am

Serge wrote:Ok, so now i'm being paranoid huh?
Only if you think my silly link was aimed at you.
Serge wrote:I love you guys even if some of you hate my guts ...
No one hates your guts. I do think you are portraying yourself rather one-dimensionally. Unlike the OLF, here at the ANZLF you have had free rein to expound at length about your beliefs, and we (or maybe I should just stick to "I"), I am sure your cards are on the table regarding your beliefs. I'd like to know what goes on in your head and heart between thoughts about serving Jesus. I suspect your quick answer to that is that all of your thoughts are about Jesus, but I have seen in some of your past posts that you have other things to share. And, I'd like to ask again that you try to stick to the topic of a thread. Oh, I know, we all go off on tangents - sometimes threads take multiple twists and turns. But, you are so narrowly focused on Jesus that every subject immediately is diverted to Jesus. This thread is about the next US President.

Serge, if you insist on being a salesman (proselytizing), then may I recommend that you not beat the Eskimos to death with icicles. I mean, just be who you are, a kind-hearted soul, and see if that works to attract folks.

How do you think this next US election will affect Canada? Or the world?

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:55 am

Serge wrote:
I love you guys even if some of you hate my guts for having become who i am now in Him
Serge,

First of all no one hates your gutz mate, I just hate the spam.
Serge wrote: and for telling you things that are not pleasant for your ears, a friend will not just tell you what you want to hear, a friend will also receive a slap in the face and accept it gladly for the truth was told.

Serge
What you keep trying to tell me Serge is YOUR truth and you do so in such a way that shows scant consideration or regard for anyone else's beliefs or points of view or even if doing so is in relation to the current topic. This is like having someone come waltzing up to the dinning table and pouring tomato sauce over your ice-cream and then being all down in the mouth because you tell them to piss off. That is the only slap in the face going on here.

Think about it Serge, you post your own topics on religion and most ignore them, so you post a topic that has nothing to do with religion and then try to weave your favorite brand of beans into the subject, or even worse, you try to do so in a non-religious topic that someone else has started. Whilst one must admire your tenacity my friend I find this constant spamming to be quite rude.

For me, and I am certain for a lot of others with more grace to say so than I, what you doing with these inappropriate religious interjections is analogous with when I'm watching a movie and the same add for the same brand of beans keeps coming on over and over to a point of complete distraction from the movie. Sure it gets my attention, but for all the wrong reasons, and I then make it a point to never buy that brand beans.

Cheers up buddy, people are not that bad, no devil lurking here, no Jesus either, just a whole pile of ones and zeros arranged in such a way on your PC monitor to give the illusion that something important is going on. In reality, the ANZLF is just a light hearted place for a few earthlings to come and get away from the shittiness of the world, to have a laugh and maybe even a little constructive discussion about guitar building.

Cheers

Kim

:D

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:10 pm

I can understand your concerns guys, your lives are still focussed on the world that revolves around you and what you see and hear from me contrasts 100% with what you are living in your ordinary lives.The hard part for my friends or even relatives to understand is this :

My life doesn't belong to me anymore, it belongs to the One who has shed His blood for my soul i willingly gave Him my life, it is not " I "anymore but Him in me, the life i used to have on my own terms had nothing to compare with what i'm living now and what will come after.

It is not my truth but His Truth and when you know Who He is, how real He is and how He changes lives, you then say : Thy will be done, not mine

I am aware that by writing this and since the values of Heaven are in total contradiction with what this world has to offer that you might be thinking that i lost my freedom of thinking or freedom of action but let me reassure you that on the contrary, i have found more freedom and that the life i used to have had little to offer when compared to life with Him here and beyond.

My Grand Mother once told me: you got to know where you come from to be able to know where you're going, i discovered that i was just passing through here that i had a future after this existence on earth that i would qualify as a vapor in the wind for the riches or goods won't follow me anywhere.

I know, you ain't got a clue about what i'm talking about, Jesus here, Jesus there and Jesus everywhere, yes, that's right, i'm a Jesus freak, i love Jesus that much...

Serge

BillyT
Blackwood

Post by BillyT » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:08 am

I thought we were talking about potatoes ??? :shock:

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:42 am

Hesh, i love you too bro.

Honestly, if i were an American citizen, i would really have a hard time knowing who to vote for, what would probably guide my choice would be the views and the values of the candidate that are observed in his social life but also in his personal record or personal life and this would involve a lot of research from the voters as well as a way of not just relying on what the corrupt mainstream medias biasly promote on each candidate in exchange for cash.

The values that i hold dear as a voter are:

-God and Family
-Justice
-Freedom and responsibility of speech
-Accountability of the elected
-employment and education

On the part of the voters, the ideal situation would be that there would be a responsibility and involvement of the people throughout the mandate of course but things have changed and they are a changin' huh?

for best or for worse? We'll see! :)

Serge

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:05 pm

Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country- John F. Kennedy

That sentence although repeated countless times throughout the world and recent history still resonates the individual and collective responsibilities that we must take, in our personal lives and relationships and also in the civic duties that are ours.

In my province and in all the cities i have lived in, there were a majority of people who will complain about what all the levels of government are doing and criticize in blogs now with excessive language the decisions that affect us in our daily lives and this, without much accountability or even without going to the last city council to be part of the solution rather than be part of the problem.

People think that voting is something that we can take for granted and that once you have voted, that it is all in the governing body's hands, now serve me thank you...but that is a trap that we all dug for ourselves, our modern societies lack fathers with backbone, here in Quebec, i'm living in a matriarchal society where mothers are weary and overwhelmed with the tasks that a normal couple should be sharing, the 50's thru 80's influences have left their marks on generations of people that had it all as soon as they wanted it because culture has accustomized us all to take rather than to give.

A Christian like me will pray for reformation and revival but others can also bring about change by taking action and being more engaged in battling in favor of family and human values, we got to start somewhere bro, all we got to do is encourage one another in a small group that adhere to the same values and march on.

It is not always without hope, that is why i am standing firm in the faith...

Your bro Serge

BillyT
Blackwood

Post by BillyT » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:20 pm

Now that you've metioned it!! I've never seen one Australian or Canadian voting over here why is THAT! :D :D :D

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:45 pm

BillyT wrote:Now that you've metioned it!! I've never seen one Australian or Canadian voting over here why is THAT! :D :D :D
We heard it's rigged. :shock:

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:51 am

Kim wrote:
BillyT wrote:Now that you've metioned it!! I've never seen one Australian or Canadian voting over here why is THAT! :D :D :D
We heard it's rigged. :shock:
What Kimmy said! :lol:

BillyT
Blackwood

Post by BillyT » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:47 pm

I think we should all get to vote in everybody else's elections!

Kind of a Engcanamerstralia election!

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:24 pm

BillyT wrote:I think we should all get to vote in everybody else's elections!

Kind of a Engcanamerstralia election!
I second that thought Billy buddy, that way i could complain about anything that goes on outside this country but also, it would be nice to mess with the predictions of the sponsered and biased polls of someone else's country. :lol:

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:40 pm

I'm wondering what the average American thinks of John McCain's age and how it could effect his ability to serve 1 and perhaps 2 terms? Is it a consideration? After all, if he gets elected, by the time he gets to the end of the first term, isn't he sneaking up on the average white males life expectancy?
Allen R. McFarlen
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

BillyT
Blackwood

Post by BillyT » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:15 pm

McCain is kind of an oddball!! Conservatives hate him because he's not really one of them, more of a middleroader. Real bad blood between him and Bush! I'm very suspicious of him. He's no friend of Joe Six Pack!

If Hillary and Barrack Hussein Obama keep going at each other they're probably going to turn it into a floor fight at the convention and if that happens the Clintons will stomp the guts out of Obama! The Clintons are vicious political machines. This is where the x-pres Billy C will shine Babay!

Demorats are now rethinking the disallowance of Florida and Michigan because they moved their primary elections up. I thought the D's went insane on cutting out those states anyway, extreme stupidity. Talk about stupid over-reaction.

If the corporate news actors keep fixating on demos like they have in every election since Carter/Reagan, people will be thoroughly sick of them so McCain may take it. If Hillary get the nod then he probably will! She's got a huge negative quotient voting against her. I think many have a resonable attitude towards Billy C, notwithstanding his performance but one gets the impression Hillary Rod'em Clinton calls out the fly'in monkees!

Recently Hillary's campaign finance manager(?) Ferraro stated that Obama's only doing well because he's black and Obama's infering that's racist by the same backhanded underling innuendo face off!

Kind of a weird election. Again I'm not voting for any of them. It all stinks I tell you!

Nader is running which can shave quite a few vote off the D's which would give it to McCain. (Other than the "live man/dead hooker" scenario)

I'm leaning towards the Corvair Killer! Haven't really decided! I really like Ron Paul but unless he goes independent that's that!

It's all really disinformation! The real power is with congress! Money, laws, military appropriations, CIA, FBI, budget all center on congress! The corporate/leftist news actors blame the budget/ everything on the pres because congress has been virtually controlled by the Demos since the depression. Considering the Republican performance during the depression they probably should of been! This leaves a serious misimpression in the minds of many Americans about what's really happening.

Congress can pass a budget without the president but the president has nothing to say if congress decides to do something.

Huge tax burden, very poor benefits, slacking average American buying power all could of been stopped by the congress if the Demos weren't in the corporate pocket as well as the Republicans - which are corporate!

The presidential election is not much more than monkee spit in real terms. Vote out congressional whores and change for the better!

BillyT
Blackwood

Post by BillyT » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:14 am

Yeah! Very good points Hesh Buddy! The Republicans get in promising economic prosperity by selling out to just about everybody with a lobbyist. Then when the econ goes south their butts are in a sling!

There's the Obama/Clinton ticket, yes, yes, yes, if they were smart they would go that way ... so that nixes that! There was talk about Bush/McCain in the first Bush win, but after it was all done neither wanted anything to do with each other. This election is kind of a weird one. I feel uncomfortable either way.

Big time yup on the oil good buddy! So many American problems spin in that toilet! It's really everybody's problem!

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Post by sebastiaan56 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:25 am

Hesh1956 wrote: In my view this is the toughest time in my life time to assume the office of the presidency of the US. We are at war in two places, the economy sucks and is likely the beginning of a decline that will not end for decades....., and no one has ever elevated getting the US off it's addiction to foreign oil as a matter of life and death for the US as it should have been elevated.

Stand by sports fans - this is not going to be pretty.......
Have to agree mate, oil at $110 a barrel and unlikely to go south, dead zip in international political capital left, Government and foreign debt at record highs, and two unwinnable wars underway. China and India continue to boom economically and expand their military capacities. There are some real issues for the new presidential team to contend with. Will this be the beginning of the end of US hegenomy?

From over here the grabs and reporting we get indicate Obama by a pube hair but Hillary isnt going to let him get away with it and so they will continue to slug it out, stain each other and by default strengthen the Republicans. From what I can tell none of them impress when it comes to the bigger issues you have nominated. No one has the balls.

It wont be pretty, I agree. "for the times they are a cha... a.... a... ngin"
make mine fifths........

BillyT
Blackwood

Post by BillyT » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:17 pm

There are some real issues for the new presidential team to contend with. Will this be the beginning of the end of US hegemony?
I have to say, that if viewed from a more healthy perspective, how can a people maintain anything, at all, when they're neurotic enough to keep voting for rich powerful men, complain bitterly, when rich powerful men win and F them over, when the way the rich and powerful men became rich and powerful was by F'in them over!
:roll:

It has to be remembered in spite of Bush's job the demo are still tied, according to the poles(why are they asking the Polish :?: :D ), to McCain! That tells one, just how bad Americans think of the offerings from both parties! If the republicans had a president in office that was even close to being popular the demos would be blowed away!

The last election came down so close that it hinged on a bunch of mental deficients who couldn't operate a voting machine to make the difference! If you can't beat a BUSH outright, clearly, when do you pull back and say..... Huhm? If after a Bush has TWO terms your still virtually tied to the republicans :?:

I think the thing that bothers me the most about the demos is they used to be the party of the unions, the real saving grace of an economy, the demos have gone right along trading off jobs and the union leaders are too stupid and/or fat to realize they're getting a leftist screw job too!

Is it just a coincidence that at the same time this country had unprecedented advancements in wages, benefits, job security and, yes, also general economy, is when we had unions that would stand up and say this is what it is, then put the knuckles into it! The demos have traded it all, along with their corporate news media, for the corporate dollar and then still maintain some airs of concern!

This is the problem of having such an inbalanced news media, they never stand back and look at the demos and say... come on!!!

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:23 pm

I saw an interesting doco about 2 weeks ago concerning the failing economic conditions in the US, and how since globalization (ie, sell your jobs off to sweat shop labor countries so big corporations can make even more money) they don't produce bugger all at home anymore.

Now with the falling US$ they are having to pay prices for imported goods that the rest of us have being paying all along. And to top it off, petrol is still a fraction of what it is for the rest of us. God help you if you end up having to pay $5.32 US gallon like we are in North Queensland. And you just know that is going to jump much higher before next weekend for the Easter holiday.
Allen R. McFarlen
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:43 am

Brother Hesh wrote:

[Allen globalization or the flavor of globalization that the US choose is really our major problem and the core cause of the economic decline. Although globalization is and was unavoidable we, the US, have become a nation that manufactures nothing and instead has 80% of our economy is now based on services...... As such we import the tangibles that we consume and enjoy and this does nothing for our own economy. ]

I hear ya bro, and although unavoidable at first glance, there are things that the American people can do and need to know about the history of US Federal reserve money cartel, i'd say abolish the Fed and let the market dictate the market, do a search on Aaron Russo, you willbe amazed at what this fellow found out, in the meantime, you might want to take a listen at what Mr Jim Rogers has said to CNBC and read the comments that were made in the margin, pretty fascinating to see that more Americans are becoming aware of the enemy within...

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... 2&hl=en-CA