America's next President

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

James Mc
Blackwood

Post by James Mc » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:07 pm

I really don’t know why Americans don’t just open swallow their pride and beg Cuba to run their country, I’m sure they would do a much better job of it!

The problem with voting for the lesser evil is that good will never get a vote. I’ll use the Greens for an example: The Greens in Australia they are slowly getting there and the equation for long-term success is simple. Target local elections where you have some chance of competing in the media. In many local government areas the Green vote is now well over 10%. The idea isn’t to win it is just to get people accustomed to voting green. Once they have voted green at a local election it isn’t as hard for them to do so at a higher level. Then once you have enough people voting Green go after the balance of power, you only need 5 or 10% of the vote to create a situation where the evil parties need your support to pass legislation (the deals done here can be a small start on the real reform process). Once established as a real alternative then the big push starts for the killing blow, a limit on paid election advertising! This is probable another three elections away in Australia but there is massive public support for it and it will happen. Think of what it will be like when the amount of TV time, newspaper space, billboard area etc that any one political party or individual candidate is allowed is limited to an amount that makes it possible for alternative parties and true independents to have equal time. While it isn’t as easy as I’ve written, it is possible; the Greens will hold the balance of power after our next national election. Currently, when the new Senate starts in July the balance of political power will be controlled by the Greens and Family First (evil religious nut jobs).

I chose to believe that the majority of people (51%) both here and in the US aren’t idiots and can see the writing on the wall on issues like global warming and over population (the two really being the same issue). The only reason that more isn’t being done on these issues is because Governments won’t let more be done and the only reason that governments aren’t changing is because people keep voting against the worst evil rather than for the best candidate.

Dennis… when you vote for evil against evil you become part of the cycle of evil and are doing exactly what the powers of darkness (those who pull the strings) want. Vote with your heart and be guided by your ethics, if not then in 50 years nothing will have changed and you will still have to choose between the bad and the worse.

As for that pic… I wonder if she married him for his name? Maybe she is proud of her bush, it is a thick one (like him).

James Mc
Blackwood

Post by James Mc » Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:12 pm

Here is a more disturbing image for Australians

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:37 pm

James Mc, You and Billy are right: we really need to vote for the best candidate and not the least evil. There's no question that you're right. My dilemma is that the most sinister monsters ever to have overrun my country are in power, and have been in power for the past 7.1 years. The swan song of the Bush administration is anything but lame duck: they are ramming through legislation to protect the companies who helped them illegally wiretap us, and multiple pieces of very bad environmental legislation. They're trying to force agreements with the Iraq "government" that state we will be there in force for the foreseeable future... These assholes have got to be stopped! I'm just convinced that this is not the time to vote for a Ralph Nader (who was the 'spoiler' that probably kept Gore out of the presidency.) I know, I know, if I keep saying "next time!", then next time will never come. But again, I did used to vote that way, and only over the past decades saw that it is more critical to get these bastards out than to fire off a protest vote.

You're also right that campaign finance reform is the answer - and the rich will fight it tooth and nail! I wonder what it is like NOT to be governed by a multi-millionaire...

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:39 pm

That ain't Frank Zappa!
Last edited by Dennis Leahy on Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Another damn Yank!

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Another damn Yank!

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:25 pm

Dear Dennis, i respect your opinion but i disagree with you for when we speak of Deity and spirituality, we are not speaking the same language, the God i'm talking about is the God of the Living and not of the dead, He interferes in people's lives even in 2008, he can make a donkey talk so it's no problem for the God that i worship to use an unbeliever just as He answers the prayers of His faithful ones. Real miracles are still happening but you won't hear much about it in the media.

The God that i worship has all authority in Heaven and on earth and is about to come back down and cleanse the filth that we can find on this planet, replace our current rulers with better ones, maybe you don't believe in Jesus Christ and that is your perfect right just as it is your perfect right to choose from the palette of false gods or feel good deities out there who can't do a thing for you but please don't compare my God with yours because they are really not the same.

Ironic that a man who says he believes in a form of deity would have such a hard time believing in forces of darkness or in forces that are opposite to it's benevolence because in the spiritual realm, there is a raging war for souls happening right now. And when you say that evil doesn't exist, it makes me kind of worried about your sense of reality, you seem to be more afraid of Christians and spaghetti monsters while there are evil things being done in an increasing fashion because the prince of lies doesn't have much time left. It has been predicted long ago. If you're still watching the 6 o'clock news, try to find a good one, rape murder, violence is still the big seller right? What used to be seen as bad is now seen as good in the public's eye, the fallen angel is just whispering in people's ears, dropping his filthy saliva.

In as much as i believe that my God is Eternal and has a design for Salvation, Love, peace and Harmony, i also see the design that is used by the ennemy called Satan to brainwash and deceive the masses, just look at the Entertainment industry, movies, music, and if evil doesn't exist Dennis, how come Rock and Roll musicians are still selling their souls to the devil for succes? If you can watch this untill the end of part 2 without shedding a tear or without being worried for your child then my friend, i don't know what will prove you that we are living in a very sad place.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... &plindex=0

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... &plindex=1

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... &plindex=2

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... 4619778233

The elites that run our puppet governements are just under the influence of satanism and want to kill us, slowly, but surely or even all at once.

I am not judging you Dennis and i'm not putting any pride in this post even though the way i write may seem offensive, i just love Absolute Truth but i hurt every day to see how blinded people are and how the ennemy is deceiving human beings so that they won't hear the Truth and good news of Jesus Christ Who took the punishment for us, i see people die without Jesus and are going straight to hell because they believed THE LIES.

So believe in your god Dennis, if he makes you feel good well, good for you, i'm still gonna pray for ya because even if we disagree on a lot of things i can still see good in you and pray that you meet Jesus because there is a Heaven and a hell, both are real places and i certainly don't want to see any of my friends in the eternal place of torment.

Serge
Jesus, family, friends, guitar and mandolin : D

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:15 am

Serge,

I'm not going there... not watching the videos, not debating religion.

The topic is the next US president, not Jesus.

My heritage is Irish. I have never been to Ireland, but I can do a fake brogue and I do love potatoes. So, imagine if every time someone started a topic (carving neck heels, making sound ports, Angelina Jolie's lips, adjustable necks, etc.), imagine that I always found a way to relate any topic to potatoes, and spoke in Irish clichés? If anyone tried to steer me back on course, I could say, "Hey, it's my heritage, I can't help myself."

Well, it wouldn't be long before you and others would skip over my posts, tired of talk of neck heels that look like potatoes, sound ports the size and shape of potatoes, lips that may have been injected with potatoes, adjustable necks constructed like potatoes...

If you complained, I could say, "I did stay on topic!", and up to a point, that would be true. But, just because in my individual life, everything truly relates to potatoes, that does not mean that you want to hear me interject my deep and reverent love for potatoes into any any every conversation.

========================================

There's been a groundswell for Barack Obama lately, and my prediction is that the election will see John McCain and Barack Obama squaring off. Obama has good oratorical skills, and proliferates a sense of hope, but (reading through his words on his site regarding issues) he very carefully crafts phrases charged with high emotion and somewhat nebulous content. I don't know enough about BIG economics to know whether his ideas (or any other candidates) are wise and sound. I am unpleasantly surprised that the word "hydrogen" does not appear on his Issues/Energy & Environment web page (though it may "be" there in a nebulous "clean technologies" statement.) He might actually be a good man, wrapped in political clothing, phrasing his thoughts and ideas carefully to keep from being attacked. Nothing about him exudes evil or malevolence - at worst I see inexperience and some nebulous political-speak. All-in-all, quite a bit better than any major candidate in a long while.

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:22 am

Dennis,

I'll give you a break on Jesus but not before i make a point, i am a believer, not a religious person, i have a RELATIONSHIP with Jesus, not a RELIGION, not all Christians are to be put in the same basket and when someone does like what was said on page one of this thread, expect me to come in the arena and make my point very clear.

Some think that when you say Christian that you are deprived of all your abilities to think which is not my case, when people assume that, it insults my intelligence. I do see a bunch of self proclaimed christians out there who are delusionned and who do lip service but you cannot assume that the whole bunch of them are delusionned, some of us really see the big picture.

I accept you as you are with all of your potato stuff and Irish descent and unbelieving background and the fact that we disagree most of the time doesn't diminish the respect that i have for you, i just expect the same from you too bud.

Now for politics, if you have the courage to follow the money trail, it will lead you to people who are not the type that i would have babysitting my children, Obama is one of them that i would not trust, i would even advance that the next president is already chosen by the elite group of Bilderbergers.

Serge

Bob Connor
Admin

Post by Bob Connor » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:57 pm

James Mc wrote:I really don’t know why Americans don’t just open swallow their pride and beg Cuba to run their country, I’m sure they would do a much better job of it!
Like to expand on that James. I don't understand the comment at all.

Bob

BillyT
Blackwood

Post by BillyT » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:22 pm

Dennis Leahy wrote:There's been a groundswell for Barack Obama lately,
That's nice.... but..... I'd like to hear more about potatoes! I love potatoes! :lol: :lol: :lol:

James Mc
Blackwood

Post by James Mc » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:57 pm

Hi Bob
I guess what I’m getting at is that the US system is sick and they would do better to look for a better system and one of the best systems to look at would be (modern) Cuba. Instead of trying to bring this system down they should learn from it. I’ve been an advocate for the environment or human rights and an aid worker at the international level off and on since I was 17 (more on than off). I’ve worked in Africa, Cuba, South East Asia, Sri Lanka, PNG, Indonesia and Australia and had dealings with government in all of these countries. The country that impressed me most as having its act together was Cuba. The perception of most people who haven’t been there is of a violent country controlled by an evil dictator. Having spent time there I consider this to be a very skewed view directly resulting from media spin and US propaganda.

The Cuban System
Many counties and people consider the Cuban system to be a legitimate form of democracy, it just isn’t the liberal democracy supported by the US and its allies. The main complaint put forward by the US against the Cuban political system is, and I quote from US policy, “lack of multi-party contests for seats and the limitations on free speech that limit a candidate's ability to campaignâ€

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Post by sebastiaan56 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:43 am

This makes for a fantastic guessing game...... I guess that someone thought Cuba was not a democracy.

Interestingly I listened to a debate on environmental progress in China. Basically the top government guys are all for change, the middle isnt and the local areas are corrupt. Sounds like a lot of the rest of the world to me.

Maybe this whole "nation" gig has got out of hand and we need to make many smaller autonomous regions. No bigger than say 5 million people.

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:06 pm

What Sebastiian, are you a proponent of the "New World Order" ?

Arnt
Blackwood

Post by Arnt » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:36 pm

sebastiaan56 wrote: Maybe this whole "nation" gig has got out of hand and we need to make many smaller autonomous regions. No bigger than say 5 million people.
Yeah, we are about 4,7 million people, it seems about right! I took some statistics about my beloved country from Wiki, here you go:

Norway is currently the second most highly ranked nation in the UN Human Development Index, an index made up by literacy rate, education level and per capita income (though it had been the highest on the list for the six years between 2001 and 2006).

Norway possesses the second highest Gross domestic product (GDP) and third highest GDP (PPP) per-capita in the world.

It also rated the most peaceful country in the world in a 2007 survey by Global Peace Index.

Here are som local girls in bunad…

What's not to like?
Arnt Rian,
Norway

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:28 am

How difficult is it to learn to speak Norwegian?

You know, in the US, we pay taxes several times on the same money, so I'll bet the US actually has one of the highest rates of taxation in the world. And, honestly, I would not even mind if we we one of the most peaceful, intelligent, and prosperous nations in the world - but we are not.

You should be proud, Arnt. And, your ambassadors are lovely!

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Post by sebastiaan56 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:48 am

Serge wrote:What Sebastiian, are you a proponent of the "New World Order" ?
Hi Serge,

Mate I have no idea what you mean by that term but if its a club count me out. Im of the opinion that "Nations" is a hangover from Enlightenment Age Europe and a major disease in modern thinking. Flags and anthems were to be used to rally troops during battles so the whole concept is rooted in warmaking. Stupidity.

Arnt,

Yup, Norway is an example of how it could be done. Amazing how many peace deals are negotiated by Norwegians. Locals have a lot to commend them as well.

Sebastiaan

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:27 am

sebastiaan56 wrote:
Hi Serge,

Mate I have no idea what you mean by that term but if its a club count me out. Im of the opinion that "Nations" is a hangover from Enlightenment Age Europe and a major disease in modern thinking. Flags and anthems were to be used to rally troops during battles so the whole concept is rooted in warmaking. Stupidity.

Sebastiaan
Hi Sebastiaan, exactly, a club that the common of mortals cannot enter which consists of world bankers, High ranking members of free masonry, worldwide owners of mass media, world trade organizations and corporations, brief, those who think of themselves as "the elite" and that are well established within the U.N. , who seek one world government, who see you and i as parasites who pollute the environment and want to control our rights to have children(Eugenics) to save the whales, the environment although there is plenty of room and resources on the planet to feed everyone. They are right now stripping countries of their sovereignties, eroding our freedom rights and liberties, slowly but surely. Satanists are among them but Jesus is coming back soon to judge them all.

We live in a world where our leaders are corrupted by greed and the love of power right now but just imagine the whole planet under the rule of one man...power is the ultimate aphrodisiac said Henry Kissinger, Absolute power corrupts absolutely said another.

Do your research on the "New World Order" or the illuminati, pretty freaky stuff, if you think christians are dangerous, you might change your mind afterwards.

Serge

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:59 am

Serge wrote: Jesus is coming back soon
Serge
I had a beatific vision last night. Jesus is not coming back until the year 5714. So, for the next 3,706 years, we're going to have to work this shit out ourselves...

He said to say, "hi!"

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:45 pm

Dennis Leahy wrote: I had a beatific vision last night. Jesus is not coming back until the year 5714. So, for the next 3,706 years, we're going to have to work this shit out ourselves...

He said to say, "hi!"

Dennis
Well, Dennis, i don't think He needs you to say Hi to me , i talk with Him every day, He's right here with me and He has been saying that He might comeback within your lifetime and He's telling you to start watching the skies and to be prepared because it will take a lot a people by surprise because of the allegorical view of Scriptures that is found in many denominational religious circles and in the secular world as well.

And i take Him seriously since there are in the Old Testament:

- 1845 references to Christ's rule on the earth
- 17 of the Old Testament books that give prominence to the event

And in the New Testament:

- Of the 216 chapters, there are 318 references to the Second Coming
- It is mentionned in 23 of the 27 books

For every prophecy relating to His first coming, there are " 8 prophecies" treating about His Second Coming, not even mentioning the acurate signs of the times that we see being fulfilled in front of our very eyes as you watch the news!

Geesh, i wish i would have known that much when i was still denominational!

So don't worry about the political bad guys running this world, they won't be there for long!

Oh, and He says He loves you too! :D

BillyT
Blackwood

Post by BillyT » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:06 pm

Arnt wrote:What's not to like?
Arnt ... Dude!
You can like.... SMELL Sweden from there!!! :shock: :x :x :x

:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Arnt
Blackwood

Post by Arnt » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:23 am

BillyT wrote:
Arnt wrote:What's not to like?
Arnt ... Dude!
You can like.... SMELL Sweden from there!!! :shock: :x :x :x

:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, EXCEPT that, of course. I guess that's our cross to bear...
Arnt Rian,
Norway

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Post by sebastiaan56 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:11 am

Serge wrote:
sebastiaan56 wrote: Hi Sebastiaan, exactly, a club that the common of mortals cannot enter which consists of world bankers, High ranking members of free masonry, worldwide owners of mass media, world trade organizations and corporations, brief, those who think of themselves as "the elite" and that are well established within the U.N. , who seek one world government, who see you and i as parasites who pollute the environment and want to control our rights to have children(Eugenics) to save the whales, the environment although there is plenty of room and resources on the planet to feed everyone. They are right now stripping countries of their sovereignties, eroding our freedom rights and liberties, slowly but surely. Satanists are among them but Jesus is coming back soon to judge them all.

We live in a world where our leaders are corrupted by greed and the love of power right now but just imagine the whole planet under the rule of one man...power is the ultimate aphrodisiac said Henry Kissinger, Absolute power corrupts absolutely said another.

Do your research on the "New World Order" or the illuminati, pretty freaky stuff, if you think christians are dangerous, you might change your mind afterwards.

Serge

Paranoid, essentialist crap mate, you need a new guru/pastor or to go into therapy.

Sebastiaan

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

And the winner is:

Post by Dennis Leahy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:00 am

And the winner is: 2008 US Election Results

Dennis
Last edited by Dennis Leahy on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Another damn Yank!

James Mc
Blackwood

Post by James Mc » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:30 am

That is so funny and so very well done! Are they really going to use computerised voting at this election?

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Post by sebastiaan56 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:28 am

Absolute, bluddy classic Dennis, well done,