Favourite recipes

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Favourite recipes

Post by sebastiaan56 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:09 am

My mate Hesh has disclosed in another post that he is trying to put on some weight and showed us a pizza. I thought its time for a recipe post to help him along. My offering,

Gado Gado,

Brown rice, cooked (I use the absorption method)
Steamed green and red veges, (dont overcook these, you want as much colour as possible)
Fried tofu, tempeh, slices of dead animal
Sauce.

To make the sauce, finely chop a big onion, a couple of chillies, and a bulb of garlic (not a clove, a bulb), saute in extra virgin olive oil, med heat, till light brown. Add a couple of tablespoons of masala spice mix. I use and recommend "Shan Vegetable Masala Spice Mix" Cook for at least 1 min. Add 1 tin of coconut milk, low fat is best, and turn to low simmer. Add a half a jar of good quality crunchy peanut butter. The processed ones are better as the oil strips out of the sauce very easily if you get it too hot. Organic hand PB's seperate most easily. Simmer for 10 mins. Add water if you need to for consistency, similarly more peanut butter if you want. Add more chillie to taste.

To assemble, a bed of rice, cover liberally with veges, tempeh etc, drizzle with sauce. Depending on your taste with chillie consume with 2 or 3 beers. This can be a chillie macho dish if you like. Because of the relatively high oil content of the peanut butter you can use more chillie than you normally would. Sauce freezes for storage which means a quick after work meal if you have rice pre cooked as well.

That'll put some muscle in you mate!

Sebastiaan

BillyT
Blackwood

Post by BillyT » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:57 am

It was told to me by Kim that Ozziez didn't have Buffalo Chicken wing! So I sent him a recipe, just like us yangs he loved them!

Very Simple!

Fry chicken wings until extra crispy. In separate pan, melt butter and add Franks Hot sauce to taste(any good HS will do I just like Franks). Add fried chicken wings and coat with sauce. Enjoy!

Some add worchester, celery seed, garlic.... never really noticed much need but that's the basic recipe!

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:31 pm

How about a French Canadian treat!

La poutine à l'oignon et baloney rôti !

Well made golden French fries, fried onions , fried baloney and minced celery, cheese curds, little cubes of Monterrey Jack cheese and arrosez le tout de brown and thick beef gravy, et voilà! A hamburger with that?

Bon appétit! :lol:
Jesus, family, friends, guitar and mandolin : D

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Post by Hesh1956 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:10 am

My favorite thing to make for dinner is reservations.......