THE perfect evening!!

Anything that doesn't have to do with luthiery can be discussed here. Please be moderate.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Ron Wisdom
Blackwood

THE perfect evening!!

Post by Ron Wisdom » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:39 am

I had a real treat last night. My son, who lives in Memphis, gave me tickets (for Christmas) to see Leon Redbone. Last night was the night and it was the most perfectly entertaining concert I've been to. I've been a big fan since he appeared on SNL back in 1975 and I try to do some of his songs in his style whenever I play. The venue was in a very small (200 seats) auditorium and we sat front and center, the best seats in the house. He played some wonderful music, whistled and played harmonica. He is a very good guitar player. It was just him and a piano player. The music was outstanding and he is a very funny entertainer. Anyway, it was a great experience, and if you ever get a chance to see his act, you need to do it. I tried to identify the guitar he played but I didn't recognize the logo. It was an OM style cutaway with a pickup and looked almost as worn out as Willie Nelson's guitar. :cl

Ron

Kim
Admin

Re: THE perfect evening!!

Post by Kim » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:21 am

It does sound like a wonderful evening Ron, congrats on the birthday, I'm sure you son is thrilled that you had such a good time.

Cheers

Kim

Lillian
Blackwood

Post by Lillian » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Sounds like a grand time. Your son did well this year.

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:24 pm

I remember watching him on SNL back then. Just an outstanding entertainer. Hope I get the opportunity to see him live one day.
Allen R. McFarlen
https://www.brguitars.com
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

Mike Thomas
Blackwood

Post by Mike Thomas » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:33 pm

He's been an absolute favourite of mine ever since I saw him at the Festival Theatre in Adelaide, probably in the mid 80's. I'd never heard of him at the time, and only saw him because he was the support for Leo Kottke. But his performance so overwhelmed me that I forgot Leo Kottke entirely.
Mike Thomas

"There are some enterprises in which a careful disorderliness is the true method"