"n00b" acoustic build vlog

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

TrevorMag
Wandoo

"n00b" acoustic build vlog

Post by TrevorMag » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:38 am

I'm nearing halfway through posting a 22-video acoustic guitar build series concentrating on my still-evolving process. Since I'm a late starter I'm focusing on using engineering concepts to work around my limited experience and skills.
There's a balance to be struck between showing every step in excruciating detail, and not boring the casual viewer into catatonia. Whether I've managed to find that balance is for others to judge. I can say this though - there's heresy to be found, and plenty for more experienced builders to feel smug about ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuM2Gff ... Z3fwVrwShr

WJ Guitars
Blackwood

Re: "n00b" acoustic build vlog

Post by WJ Guitars » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:16 pm

Trevor you are very creative developing your acoustic guitar design, construction methods and tool jigs . I enjoyed watching your youtube videos and also viewing your website. You have e a wide range of skills.

In regards to the acoustic guitar design are you able to fit a guitar strap holder button with sufficient strength centered on the butt end of the access port?

With the top bracing design are there any issues or problems related to the string tension?

Looking forward to seeing more of your creative videos.

Wayne