This forum

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

WilliamDavidReynolds

This forum

Post by WilliamDavidReynolds » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:14 pm

This past month I’ve scrolled through 45 pages times fifty posts in the Instrument Builders section. Since I found the forum a half a year ago, I’ve checked out every Post in the Gore section (as I decided I’d join the cult) and ventured around other parts.
Reading other builders experiences and styles and methods in a community like this is truly a great thing.
I don’t really know any builders personally or locally. It gets lonely as far as, pushing for better quality wood working, tonal value and charming sound, having no shop talk buddies to shoot the chit with.
There are lots of forums out there as we all know, this is the top 1% as far as I’m concerned.
Thank you all for giving me something better to do while watching movies!!! Or in general wanting to look up someone with same idea, process, mistake, or method. Thanks.

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: This forum

Post by kiwigeo » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:44 pm

WilliamDavidReynolds wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:14 pm
I’ve checked out every Post in the Gore section (as I decided I’d join the cult) and ventured around other parts.
A bit like a cult maybe...but most cult leaders don't respond favourably to questions like Trevor does.

Trevor is a piss poor cult leader but he's a gun leading edge guitar maker :)
Martin

WilliamDavidReynolds

Post by WilliamDavidReynolds » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:04 pm

kiwigeo wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:44 pm
WilliamDavidReynolds wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:14 pm

Depends on what cult you’re talking about, not all cults have shoot outs with authorities, or drink the Kool-aid!! Haha
I def say he is leading a good pathway to many. And yes, he is super friendly to all. Thank you Trevor and everyone else on here making it fun to talk shop

lamanoditrento
Blackwood

Post by lamanoditrento » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:11 am

kiwigeo wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:44 pm

It's probably from having too much on his plate with a whole army to run. I mean we are at war with large guitars as we speak.
Trent