Stay Safe Out There!!

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

kiwigeo
Admin

Stay Safe Out There!!

Post by kiwigeo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:28 pm

Jeremy and myself would like to wish all our members the best during the current Covid19 crisis. Please take all the necessary precautions to minimize your risk of catching this disease. Our sympathies are also with those of you who have lost your jobs or are having your businesses affected by the crisis.

For those of you who have the time please feel free to check in and share your experiences.

Regards Jeremy and Martin
Martin

Allen
Blackwood

Re: Stay Safe Out There!!

Post by Allen » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:33 pm

No difference to my life at all when you work out of the shed in the back yard. However my wife is now sharing my office space as she has relocated there. There is no "Me Time" now. :-)
Allen R. McFarlen
https://www.brguitars.com
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:54 pm

I hear you Allen..I'm currently living in my garage with my wife and the cat while our new house gets built. Stay safe mate.
Martin

CNCWorksNZ
Sassafras

Post by CNCWorksNZ » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:54 am

I have the feeling that my Workshop is the only thing that will keep me sane for the next 4 Weeks.

Two builds on the go, but only have Machine Heads & Strings for one :cry: (Now, where is my Fishing Line)

Dave M
Blackwood

Post by Dave M » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:05 am

Weird times. Attending a funeral yesterday and trying to stay 2 metres apart was a strange experience. You perhaps don't realise just how much physical contact you usually have with people.

Thank goodness for having the workshop to retreat to.

Cheers Dave
------------------
Dave

asgilbert
Myrtle

Post by asgilbert » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:15 am

Not affected yet, but that can change very quickly as we have seen. The cost (social and financial) of this is going to be huge, I'm concerned we will be paying for this for many years to come.
The bright side if possible is: I only get to work on my guitars at night and on the weekends but if I am to stay home... might get more built. Have two acoustics, three Tele's and a violin in the train!!

peter.coombe
Blackwood

Post by peter.coombe » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:48 am

Not much change for me. Still working in the shed out the back and not going out much which is normal. As an introvert I am quite happy with that. However, seriously pissed with the stepdaughter who keeps visiting with her kids. She is a nurse so should know better. I have slowed down a bit and have been relaxing more since now the pressure is off. I am expecting sales to drop to zero and repairs to dry up as well. Luckily sold a mandolin a week ago so the credit cards are paid off and all repairs done. Hopefully I might get a chance to do some new things I have wanted to do but have not had the time. Some might need some careful negotiation with the missus, or stay quiet until it is finished ha ha.
Peter Coombe - mandolin, mandola and guitar maker
http://www.petercoombe.com

ozziebluesman
Blackwood

Post by ozziebluesman » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:08 pm

Like you all I have heaps to do in the workshop. There is very little activity outside in Condon Townsville. I think having to vote yesterday was a bit stupid? Lucky I managed to get a phone vote in last Thursday and did not have to line up like some. We have had a few cases here in our city but it seems to be settling. May be a good thing not to get too complacent so we are just doing what we are told to do. Must come with the age.
Keep safe everybody.
Cheers
Alan
"Play to express, not to impress"

Alan Hamley

http://www.hamleyfineguitars.com/