Alternative use for stainless steel clothes pegs

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

blackalex1952
Blackwood

Alternative use for stainless steel clothes pegs

Post by blackalex1952 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:55 pm

The stainless steel clothes pegs here in the photo are useful for liners if they are modified with a kink in the right spot so that they exert an even pressure for clamping. I just used them upside down ie using the spring pressure to apply an outward force in order to narrow a truss rod channel with a filet of wood prior to re routing. In the pic you can see a pretty rough looking jig which works ok for a job like this. But using the clips to press outward works quite well for this job of clamping the fillet whilst glueing. Cheers! Ross's
Attachments
IMG_0351.JPG
"Everything I say on the topic is based solely upon inexperience and assumption!"

Mark McLean
Blackwood

Re: Alternative use for stainless steel clothes pegs

Post by Mark McLean » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:23 pm

Hi Ross. Where do you buy those ones?

blackalex1952
Blackwood

Re: Alternative use for stainless steel clothes pegs

Post by blackalex1952 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:19 am

There are a few suppliers. I bought them at an outdoor conference. These people have some: https://www.biome.com.au/1024-clothes-pegs
I don't know what grade steel is in the ones I have, the company has a few types. I don't use them on the clothes line because the lawnmower doesn't like them! Cheers! Ross
"Everything I say on the topic is based solely upon inexperience and assumption!"