Sound file for last classical

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

kiwigeo
Admin

Sound file for last classical

Post by kiwigeo » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:15 pm

Been searching for this mp3 file for months and finally found it. Its a guy by the name of peter Spooner playing my first classical and the voice is that of Kylie Cowling, bass player with the crazy Adelaide all girl band "Legless".

Blackbird

Cheers Martin

WaddyT
Blackwood

Post by WaddyT » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:34 am

Very nice, Martin. Great sounding instrument. Good playing and singing too. :cl :cl :cl
Waddy

Build Albums 12 done - 1 in process

Clip for #1 Barrios' "Una Limosna por el Amor de Dios" - Not me playing

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:04 am

The guitar isnt quite up the standard of your creations but it turned out surprisingly well for my forst classical build. Very big sound and balanced...doesnt quite come out on the recording. The top is sitka and bracing is fairly light.

WaddyT
Blackwood

Post by WaddyT » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:15 pm

kiwigeo wrote:The guitar isnt quite up the standard of your creations but it turned out surprisingly well for my forst classical build. Very big sound and balanced...doesnt quite come out on the recording. The top is sitka and bracing is fairly light.
Ha! What creations? I only have one guitar off the bench, and nothing unusual about it. :D

I think that piece does not really show off the guitar, but if you listen you can hear some subtle high notes that tell me it has a really good sound, and good balance. For that piece, it shows a very mellow sound. A very nice guitar. Hard to tell from these pictures, but I remember being very taken by it when you posted pictures, at OLF, when it was done.
Waddy

Build Albums 12 done - 1 in process

Clip for #1 Barrios' "Una Limosna por el Amor de Dios" - Not me playing

ozziebluesman
Blackwood

Post by ozziebluesman » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:53 pm

Great sounding guitar Martin. I think it is played very well and compliments the girls voice nicely. Is she the main singer in the all girl band? I reckon singing and playing bass is one of the hardest things to do!

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Alan

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:08 pm

Kylie I guess is one of the main voices in the band but they all pitch in. She certainly has a standout voice.

joel
Blackwood

Post by joel » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:47 pm

Very nice guitar mate. Looks good and sounds good too. And a very nice song. There is something about a well played classical matched with a good voice isn't there?
- If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs. - David Daye.

- The mouth of a happy man is filled with beer. -

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:38 pm

The guy playing the guitar is actually a bass player....and also a pretty good banjo picker as well. :shock:

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:33 pm

Excellent fish'in line axe Martin :lol:

Nah! Just kidding M8, she's a beautiful guitar and I am sure that both the fine vocalist and player were more than happy to have your guitar contribute such sweetness to a lovely rendition of a classic piece of music.

Thank you for posting.

Cheers

Kim