Fitting a strap button to a charango?

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

lucpet
Beefwood

Fitting a strap button to a charango?

Post by lucpet » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:40 pm

I was playing uke with our club today when during the break one of our members asked about fitting a strap button to a charango. Not having heard of this intrument before I did some quick research online and saw that the thin shell of the body might not take one. Nor have I seen his, so I don't know if his or if all of them have the rounded back. Any experts here willing to give advice on the subject?

Thanks Luke
"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work.
When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." -Edison

frankfalbo
Kauri

Re: Fitting a strap button to a charango?

Post by frankfalbo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:28 am

Maybe one of those soundhole clip types? (which I don't like, but...)
https://www.tfoa.eu/nl/shop-product/257 ... hook-brown

lucpet
Beefwood

Re: Fitting a strap button to a charango?

Post by lucpet » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:31 am

Thanks Frank, that was the first kind of one I suggested but he and me thought that they were all the same this one you posted looks a little different. He was worried that if he let go it would just come crashing to the ground lol I guess getting older has it's drawbacks.
"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work.
When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." -Edison