Australian Guitar Tonewood - Closing Down

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

J.F. Custom
Blackwood

Australian Guitar Tonewood - Closing Down

Post by J.F. Custom » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi all.

I am sorry to inform you Australian Guitar Tonewood will be closing indefinitely. :cry:

Many of you are already aware that we were unexpectedly having to relocate our household and business - news that broke earlier this year. This ultimately, has now become more than 2000km in nature!

The impact of this is such that despite our best efforts, it is not logistically feasible for us to continue the part-time business at this time. We have therefore made the difficult decision to close the store and apologise to all our customers who will be disappointed as a result. There is potential for us to re-establish it in future, but until such a time, the online store will officially close at 22:00hrs, Sunday, April 3rd. Any orders placed between now and then will be shipped out the following week, so if there is anything you've been dreaming about - now is your final opportunity!

Our original vision was to promote and supply the largest range of sustainable, ethical and truly alternative Australian Tonewoods to the broader Luthierie community. We invested much time and effort in the past year to achieve this and have truly appreciated your business, support and encouragement along the way. Despite being cut short, we don't feel that this was time wasted in any fashion. Over this period we have shipped orders as far as Russia, Switzerland, Austria, USA and England, to name a few and of course, to our many valued customers within Australia. We have had fantastic unsolicited feedback for both our service and the products we have supplied and feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to expose luthiers to new species.

We sincerely hope you continue to seek out and use the vast range of timber we have in this country, as viable and sustainable alternatives to the established standards.

Thanks again to our customers and to this forum - Bob and all the mods. 8)

All the best,

Jeremy.

56nortondomy
Blackwood

Re: Australian Guitar Tonewood - Closing Down

Post by 56nortondomy » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:45 pm

Sad to hear this Jeremy, the stuff that I've had from you has been first class and I've really enjoyed working with it. I hope that at some date in the future you'll be back in business. Good luck for the future.
Regards Wayne

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:04 pm

Major Bummer......ditto to Wayne's comments about quality of product and level of service.
Martin

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:37 am

Sad news Jeremy, I haven't purchased anything from you but knowing the quality of your builds I know that the timbers you sold would only be of a top quality nature. But good luck with your move, it's only when you shift that you realise just how much crap you've accumulated over the years! :shock:
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

J.F. Custom
Blackwood

Post by J.F. Custom » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:29 pm

@Wayne and Martin - Thanks gents. Really appreciate the sentiments.

@Nick - again thanks and to your latter comment... Boy, don't I know that now! Dragging a full workshop around is not much fun either :shock: Of course, that does not come under the heading "crap" accumulated. At least, not according to me. My other halves opinion on the other hand... :lol:

The shop is now closed.

A final thanks again to everyone for your support and feedback! 8)

There was a final surge in sales prior to closure that unfortunately put a dent in my usual dispatch rate of 24-48hrs... :roll: My apologies. But I'm happy to confirm all final orders have now shipped and should start arriving from tomorrow and throughout next week.

Some great emails and feedback through this week. 8) I apologise sincerely again to all those who have privately emailed to express their dismay at the closure!! It was not a decision taken lightly, but became unavoidable in the reality of relocating - especially as it was an unforeseen move. I just could not overcome the issues it presented.

Nevertheless, some beautiful timber shipped out this week and I hope you all enjoy it.

With luck, I will re-open down the track...

Cheers,

Jeremy.

demonx
Blackwood

Post by demonx » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:38 pm

It's a shame to hear, I it had the potential to be the best native timber supplier in the country.

I wish you the best in whatever endeavour you move into next.

I assume Pete will be carrying on as usual?

curly
Blackwood

Post by curly » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:00 am

All the best with what comes next Jez .
I am continuing with my wholesale focused business as ever , servicing the manufacturers , schools and other retailers .
It is indeed a shame . Jeremy provided a great service in presenting individual sets to the public and shipping in great short timing . For those that have tried to buy from me you will well understand what a crucial part of the service Jeremy provided , and one that I'm indeed not good at . It's a whole other job beyond producing the stock . Given the mountain of additional stock I'm producing it's something I'll have to cross !
Pete
Curly timbers