New Listings @ Australian Guitar Tonewood!

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

J.F. Custom
Blackwood

New Listings @ Australian Guitar Tonewood!

Post by J.F. Custom » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:41 pm

Hi all!

Well, our site has been operational for just about one month now, with our first orders in, dispatched in a timely fashion and well received by the purchasers. We've also had plenty of feedback - all positive thus far! As well as some valued suggestions, with thanks to those who've had their say.

Whilst this has been going on, we've been working hard behind the scenes to expand our range, which we've just done... :gui

Some of these round out the store where there were a few gaps such as various bridge blanks, binding stock, peghead veneers etc. While in other areas we've processed and released more sets and added new species.

Note - there are "new listings" listed in a column on the right of the home page, but it is limited in number. Don't forget you can use the "sort by" feature to bring new listings to the top in any given category. 8)

Remember - we are a small operation providing quality timbers in rare and hard to obtain species. Quantities are often very limited - sometimes literally "one of a kind". So if you like something, don't wait around or you may miss out. First in, best dressed.

Some examples of newly listed stock -

Just four sets at this time, of very high grade Dark Figured Blackwood in Dreadnought size.
BW_0008_4.jpg
High Figure Dark Blackwood Sets
A handful of perfect quality Mulga fretboards in varying sizes and some very rare Boonaree fretboards - only six and in varying sizes, you'll be lucky to snap one up! If it's sold out and you reaaallly wanted one, you can look at up-sizing if the stock exists.
BOONAREE_FB_4.jpg
Boonaree Fingerboard Detail
Some genuine Dalbergia bridge blanks.
DALBERGIA_BR_3.jpg
Dalbergia Spp. Bridge Blanks
Ancient Bearclaw or Whitebait Huon Pine ukulele tops.
HUON_UKE_0003_4.jpg
Bearclaw or Whitebait Huon Pine Ukulele Soundboard
What about a collector's item - the HARDEST timber on our planet?! :shock: :mrgreen: One only...
BULOAK_0001_5.jpg
Buloke - the HARDEST timber on the planet!
And more...

Find them here - http://www.australianguitartonewood.com

We'll continue to add more as we can, filling in yet more blanks such as neck stock etc. In the meantime, if you have any particular requests, please contact me as we are likely to be able to help. We have a lot of material that is not yet listed... This includes similar species in different sizes - such as ukulele sets or bridges in various species and other peghead veneers etc.

We've also got a Facebook page now and you can find and "LIKE" (hint hint) that here -

http://www.facebook.com/australianguitartonewood

Please share us around - we still don't appear in any google searches... :? :cry:

Cheers all - Enjoy!

Jeremy.

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: New Listings @ Australian Guitar Tonewood!

Post by kiwigeo » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:23 pm

%$$## Facebook........a "like" from the mighty ANZLF is worth a thousand Facebook likes.
Martin

charangohabsburg
Blackwood

Post by charangohabsburg » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:49 am

J.F. Custom wrote: we still don't appear in any google searches... :? :cry:
Bugger. :(
Theyll-never-know-it-existed.jpg
Theyll-never-know-it-existed.jpg (46.05 KiB) Viewed 7946 times
Google's "Fetch" tool might help to speed things up a bit.
J.F. Custom wrote:We've also got a Facebook page now and you can find and "LIKE" (hint hint)
I don't have a Facebook account (and am not planning on getting one) but I'll do my best to spread the rumour of the existence of another pimp for wood! 8)

To stack up my own stash I had to lift the roof, so until having built enough to lower the stack chances are very slim that I would order new wood of any species. :cry:
Markus

To be stupid is like to be dead. Oneself will not be aware of it.
It's only the others who suffer.

lauburu
Blackwood

Post by lauburu » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:32 pm

Requested some tiger myrtle from Jeremy. He sought out a suitable B&S set that met my specifications. Timed posting the wood to coincide with my visit to Brisbane and kept me informed every step of the way. You could not ask for a better product or better service. Thoroughly recommended.
Miguel

J.F. Custom
Blackwood

Post by J.F. Custom » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:51 pm

Thanks for the wrap Miguel 8) A pleasure doing business with you.

I'll use this 'bump' to make a general notice as well - if anyone was considering a purchase, now is a good time!

FINAL ORDER CALL... WHAT *%??!

Temporarily anyhow :wink: The shop will be closed from mid October through to Christmas/New Year. I have been called away due to family reasons, though I intend to make the most of this enforced travel and combine it with a timber recon from warmer climates :D

I hope to return with new contacts, if not new stock and will refresh the site when I do. If I can manage it, I will also try to add a few listings this week for any last minute orders.

Cheers all,

Jeremy.