Carbatec new website !.

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

ozwood
Blackwood

Carbatec new website !.

Post by ozwood » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:18 am

Hi Gents,

So Carbatec launched there new website , with a 10% inducement to try it out.

So I took the bait and ordered a small item I have been wanting for a bit.

You can now at least checkout and pay without the 5 day delay of waiting for someone to get back to you with a postage cost, so tick for that.

I ordered it on the 17th, got a order confirmation straight away, so tick for that.

BUT, it's now the 23rd and still no sign, no reply to my email and sat on hold for 20 mins and gave up.

If I compare that with the Item I ordered from lutherie tools in the USA on the same day, the freight on a similar size item was cheaper(even with the exchange rate), and it's here.

I ordered some bit's from Jeremy a few days after , the freight was cheaper for a bigger parcel and that here as well.

It's a shame Carbatec can't just get that last little bit right, that is a more competitive freight rates and faster turnaround of orders, They should place an order with Stewmac just to see what possible.

So Endith my rant.

Cheers,
Paul .

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: Carbatec new website !.

Post by kiwigeo » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:36 am

Pretty much the norm with Carbatec I'm afraid but they aren't as bad as they used to be. I recently had to source a spare platten motor for my Jet Drummie. The order got taken and then "lost". To their credit when I followed up with a phone call the guy I talked to was helpful and got things sorted quickly.
Martin

simso
Blackwood

Post by simso » Sat Jul 25, 2015 12:01 pm

Bwahahahaha, sorry carbatec are not my go to place any more.

I ordered through my local carbatec in perth some threaded wood anchors, guy said next run so following tuesday, no probs, paid for materials

After 2 months I got peeved and ordered them online. Almost a year later I get a phone call your parts have arrived. Really !!!@

Have had it happen with many other things as well.

I no longer order through crapatec

Steve
Steve
Master of nothing,

Do your own repairs - http://www.mirwa.com.au/How_to_Series.html

Crafty Fox
Blackwood

Post by Crafty Fox » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:24 pm

I'm with Steve on the Carbatec experience. If they don't have it in store I go elsewhere. Shame really, as I like the guys who run the place.
Ken

needsmorecowbel
Blackwood

Post by needsmorecowbel » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:52 am

I once received a Veritas block plane that wasn't even addressed to me from Carbatec (was another Stuart from their database)

Maybe you order is with another Paul, Paul :lol:

Call around all your local and interstate Pauls

+1 don't order if it isn't in stock. Waited a good 6-8 weeks for some smaller forsner bits (had completely forgotten that I'd back ordered them at this point)

Stu