HIGH MOUNTAIN TONEWOOD: INTRODUCTORY SALE

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: HIGH MOUNTAIN TONEWOOD: INTRODUCTORY SALE

Post by kiwigeo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:44 am

I'm sure HMT will check in here at some stage. Failing that you could always try a phone call...phone number should be on the website.
Martin

DarwinStrings
Blackwood

Post by DarwinStrings » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:34 am

printer2 wrote:Not sure, think this is my first post, oh the mind is going. Anyway stopped by a few times to see what you guys are up to and some interesting things caught my eye. Eventually joined as I picked up the Gore/Gilet books and figured might as well join as at some point I may get confused by the books rather than normal life. Normal life I just shrug it off, the books I may need some help.

But onto this thread it is funny I never knew about High mountain as a seller even though we share the same country. Funny I had to go half way across the world to find out about them. Seeing that people here have been happy with their tops I used their web site to leave a message that I would like to buy some wood. I am not sure how long it should take to get a response, I left a message the beginning of the week and another one yesterday. How long did it take for those that bought wood to get a response? While I do have enough wood to make some guitars I wanted to use a few of the tops to experiment with.

Just as a quick introduction I am new to building and have only built one acoustic, another neck and fixed a few guitars. Somehow the guitar building bug got hold of me even though I just really wanted to build one small guitar to practice with. New to playing also.
G'day and welcome to the ANZLF Fred, can't answer the wood question but good luck with it.

Jim
Life is good when you are amongst the wood.
Jim Schofield

printer2
Kauri

Post by printer2 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:21 am

He got hold of me, was an address issue, wood is bundled up and ready to ship.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:07 am

printer2 wrote:He got hold of me, was an address issue, wood is bundled up and ready to ship.
Good news. I'm sure once the wood arrives you'll find it was worth the wait.
Martin

printer2
Kauri

Post by printer2 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:59 am

Only a week, not long at all. I was more concerned of the owner's well being.

rocket
Blackwood

Post by rocket » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:01 pm

Can we see any Lutz arched top sets on the horizon Bobby??
Rod.
Like I said before the crash, " Hit the bloody thing, it won't hit ya back

www.octiganguitars.com

Jeremy D
Admin

Post by Jeremy D » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:44 am

Anyone around the Gold Coast/Brisbane area want to split a shipment?
Jeremy D

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:48 am

Jeremy D wrote:Anyone around the Gold Coast/Brisbane area want to split a shipment?
How many tops were you thinking of buying and what grade?
Martin

Jeremy D
Admin

Post by Jeremy D » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:56 am

Hi Martin,

Maybe 4 or 5 AA or better, although I don't care too much about colour just quality. I have some of Mario's wood but I really don't want to use it (for reasons I think I have discussed with you before). I am a slooow builder, currently about 1 a year but I would like to do more. Really just after a taste of Lutz :).
Jeremy D

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:48 am

Jeremy D wrote:Hi Martin,

Maybe 4 or 5 AA or better, although I don't care too much about colour just quality. I have some of Mario's wood but I really don't want to use it (for reasons I think I have discussed with you before). I am a slooow builder, currently about 1 a year but I would like to do more. Really just after a taste of Lutz :).
The 3A grade wood is what I usually buy.....it's as good as wood graded higher by alot of other merchants. It's about equivalent to Mario's "Super Duper Best Thing Since Bears Were Invented" grade wood.
Martin

printer2
Kauri

Post by printer2 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:33 am

Just learning the ropes so I just picked up some 2A and 1A tops and brace wood. I wish I knew about High Mountain when I first started in this addictive hobby. I have picked up some tops online, some good, some not as good. I can't wait to use these, they has changed the pecking order of the tops I have and the projects I want to do.

HighMountainTW
Wandoo

Post by HighMountainTW » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:09 am

Hello everyone. Sorry no reply for awhile. I am alive and well. I'll admit I haven't checked on the ANZLF in a little bit. We've been busy across the pond here. Sourcing more spruce logs, cutting Western Red and Yellow Cedar, finding burls in the bush and just milling around. I do still have lots of 'AA'. Not so much 'AAA'. In fact, none in stock but hoping for more in the next 3-4 weeks. It'll have to be cut and dried so a bit of a wait anyways.
I do have some Red and Yellow Cedar Sets available. No Arch Top Guitar sets at the moment. I do have Arch Top Mandolin sets. Cedar and Lutz.
Also I have some Birds Eye Birch Burl Rosette pieces. These are rough outside dimensions, 6"x6" or bigger, and 1/8" thick. $ 10 USD/ea.

HighMountainTW
Wandoo

Post by HighMountainTW » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:12 am

And thank a lot for the kind comments on the wood you guys received. This makes us happy!

Email me anytime at: hmtw@citywest.ca
And if you are having a hard time getting a hold of me call: 1 250 641 3097... I should answer, if not, please leave a message.

Cheers

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:19 am

HighMountainTW wrote:.....finding burls in the bush and just milling around.
:lol:
Martin