Fluoro swirl paint

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

simso
Blackwood

Fluoro swirl paint

Post by simso » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:43 pm

Anyone got a link to a supplier of paints suitable for swirling, ideally in fluoro colours like the ibanez's range greens pinks etc

Would be greatly appreciated

Steve
Steve
Master of nothing,

Do your own repairs - http://www.mirwa.com.au/How_to_Series.html

Nick
Blackwood

Re: Fluoro swirl paint

Post by Nick » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:13 am

Only ever seen the youtube clips of it being done Steve and as far as I can remember they use Enamels? (being oil based you get it dispersing correctly over the water I guess) with a hint of Borax added to the water. Some of the Auto Enamels can be fairly bright, maybe an area to look at? or apparently signwriters can use some pretty bright enamels, they may even carry them in Fluoro's and some of the modeling enamels can be fairly bright too.

Just watched this dude who seems to be an Aussie :lol: Who uses "White Knight" brand.

youtu.be/
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:01 am

The bucket of paint in the video reminds me of the time I hit the turps. After wolfing down 2 dozen raw oysters I then had a night on the cocktails. I stll remember being down on all fours in the ensuite bathroom at 2am in the morning mopping up the oyster/cocktail mornay off the floor.
Martin

simso
Blackwood

Post by simso » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:25 am

Thanks guys, not to worried about the process, just getting the right paint colours, that fluoro green and pink and yellows etc are eluding me, my local paint supplier went, Ummm nope.
Steve
Master of nothing,

Kamusur
Blackwood

Post by Kamusur » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:58 am

kiwigeo wrote:The bucket of paint in the video reminds me of the time I hit the turps. After wolfing down 2 dozen raw oysters and then had a night on the cocktails. I stll remember being down on all fours in the ensuite bathroom at 2am in the morning mopping up the oyster/cocktail mornay off the floor.
ling

:lol:

We used to call it Marbling, Martin, so next time you see a girl hunched over with a friend holding back her hair or a guy in the gutter calling for ruth you can say hey look at them 'marbling'.

Steve

soulman
Blackwood

Post by soulman » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Hi Steve.
Try model paints or maybe an automotive distributors. I've used both model paints and enamel from pressure packs. Some colours react better than others. You can get fluro paints in pressure packs. Just so long as it doesn't dilute with water as the paint forms a skin on top of the water. I haven't yet done any trials with auto enamels but think it would work well.
Here is some I have done. I have helped some students do these before school. An hour per week. I used White Knight pressure packs.

Regards

Ross
Attachments
IMG_0689.JPG

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:15 pm

Kamusur wrote:
kiwigeo wrote:The bucket of paint in the video reminds me of the time I hit the turps. After wolfing down 2 dozen raw oysters and then had a night on the cocktails. I stll remember being down on all fours in the ensuite bathroom at 2am in the morning mopping up the oyster/cocktail mornay off the floor.
ling

:lol:

We used to call it Marbling, Martin, so next time you see a girl hunched over with a friend holding back her hair or a guy in the gutter calling for ruth you can say hey look at them 'marbling'.

Steve
My wife called it something else.

Sorry for the thread hijack Steve
Martin

simso
Blackwood

Post by simso » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:22 pm

soulman wrote:Hi Steve.
Try model paints or maybe an automotive distributors. I've used both model paints and enamel from pressure packs. Some colours react better than others. You can get fluro paints in pressure packs. Just so long as it doesn't dilute with water as the paint forms a skin on top of the water. I haven't yet done any trials with auto enamels but think it would work well.
Here is some I have done. I have helped some students do these before school. An hour per week. I used White Knight pressure packs.

Regards

Ross
For pressure can packs thats pretty good
Steve
Master of nothing,

EricDownunder
Blackwood

Post by EricDownunder » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:31 pm

Each to there own! :dru
Keep Smiling,