Australian Tonewoods

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

TimS
ANZLF Approved Supplier

Australian Tonewoods

Post by TimS » Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:26 am

Just a heads up for any forum members who may not be aware that I have some material on offer at the moment. Of particular interest is SILVER WATTLE acacia dealbata which has most often ended up as a chipping resource. It is a striking tone wood similar to Blackwood but with a more consistent and uniform fiddleback. Colour varies from cream, straw, pink and reddish tinges.
ATW-2014-JuneOffer-SWat-meths.jpg
ATW-2014-JuneOffer-SWat1-meths.jpg
ATW-2014-JuneOffer-SWat1-meths.jpg (144.63 KiB) Viewed 7040 times
[url]http://www.australiantonewoods.com[/url]

soulman
Blackwood

Re: Australian Tonewoods

Post by soulman » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi Tim.
The wattle is beautiful timber. I have used Black Wattle from out of the bush here in Ipswich. Qld. doesn't grow very big though.
What are the dimensions of the board in the photo. ( I have facilities to resaw.)How much for board and maybe an approximation on freight to post code 4301.
Regards
Ross.

EricDownunder
Blackwood

Post by EricDownunder » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:26 am

As my first guitar didn't get many comments as it proberly wasn't up to standard I gave it away for a while but I just saw this timber you have and I thaught I might give it a go and make another one. So how much for a board that I can resaw delivered to Sydney.
Keep Smiling,
Eric Smith

emil14glee
Gidgee

Post by emil14glee » Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:10 am

Just a heads up for any forum members who may not be aware that I have some material on offer at the moment. Of particular interest is SILVER WATTLE acacia dealbata which has most often ended up as a chipping resource. It is a striking tone wood similar to Blackwood but with a more consistent and uniform fiddleback. Colour varies from cream, straw, pink and reddish tinges.
That was a very good material of high quality that could attract more customers or users. :)