Signing Out From Heshtone

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Signing Out From Heshtone

Post by Hesh1956 » Mon May 12, 2008 7:03 am

Well I finished the box, at least closing it, today and that is what I wanted to do so I could pack it up and have it survive the move.

Tomorrow I start packing up the shop so these are the last pictures from Flushtone Global Headquarters that you will ever see until I build a new shop.

I am happy with the box, it seems very responsive and loud and has some nice deep bass too.

And of course Sony wanted to wish his Mom a Happy Mothers Day too..... :D

Tom Morici
Blackwood

Post by Tom Morici » Mon May 12, 2008 8:53 am

Hesh,

Good luck with the move.
Pic's of shop setup progress would still be interesting.
Im curious how you use all that new space.

Be well!

Tom

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Mon May 12, 2008 9:23 am

Good luck with the new workshop Hesh...and dont forget to put those neat posters back up in the new shop.

Cheers Martin

BillyT
Blackwood

Post by BillyT » Mon May 12, 2008 4:52 pm

Ya shaved my boy! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Post by Hesh1956 » Mon May 12, 2008 9:59 pm

Thanks guys - now I get to do the fun stuff like vacuum the top of light fixtures while I take them down........ :D

Yep Billy bro this is Sony's summer doo - he likes it much better, not as hot and he has more fun rolling in dog shit this way...... :D

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Mon May 12, 2008 10:57 pm

Hesh,

If I was closer, I'd help you move.

Yes, give us planning drawings before, and progress shots of your new shop as it takes shape. Consider coming to "The Gathering" in north central Minnesota the weekend of July 18-20, which may seem like a long way to go but it's nothing compared to the A and NZ folks.

Take care,

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

Lillian
Blackwood

Post by Lillian » Mon May 12, 2008 11:27 pm

Hesh, the guitar looks as usual, beautiful. What are the fine lines in the rosette? I know it is going to sound wonderful.

Hope the move goes well and that you have enough hands to get things done quickly, but not so many that you are tripping over bodies.

We are looking forward to the pictures.

Dave Anderson
Blackwood

Post by Dave Anderson » Tue May 13, 2008 2:16 am

Sorry to see the last pics of the Global HQ,but it will be nice to see the new shop slowly come together Hesh.
Man, you have a lot of work ahead of you but it should be fun.I know I would love to do
what you are doing. The box looks closed and ready to wait around for a couple months eh?
I'm curious about the purfling around the rosette too. It looks gold in the pic.
Good Luck with the big move buddy.
Dave Anderson
Port Richey,Florida

Arnt
Blackwood

Post by Arnt » Tue May 13, 2008 7:18 am

Hi Hesh, good luck on the move!
Give us a chance to provide you with 50 contradicting opinions on your bench layout and everything else in your shop, all right? :lol:

I moved into this house 8 years ago, most of it (except the shop) I've not finished renovating yet... If Sonny is half as patient as my wife, he's a keeper!

Oh, and the guitar looks great, goes without saying!
Arnt Rian,
Norway

Alain
Myrtle

Post by Alain » Fri May 16, 2008 1:17 am

'Charo' looks awesome my friend! I really like the book-match in the rosette... Very nice, I like (In my best Borat...)

That Cuban Hog looks amazing too. What do you think of the tap tone as compared to others you've tried? I have a nice set that JJ picked for me, waiting at Uncle Bob's. I think I'm going to try my slot-headed 12 fret triple ought with it...

Top drawer as usual bro!
'Hunting sober is like ...fishing...sober'

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Post by Hesh1956 » Fri May 16, 2008 12:15 pm

Thanks folks!!! :D

Arnt bro Sony thanks you kindly! :D Me too!

Alain my friend the Cuban taps great and I am sure that you will like yours. Most if not all of the Hog that I have used prior taps like cardboard and only seems to come alive with bracing and the rest of the guitar.

The Cuban is more gong like with a hint of glassiness. It's also heavier, denser, and I think that it will sound a bit more like a rosewood guitar.

Well my shop is totally torn apart and all the little stuff is packed away.

I nearly had a heart attack today because under a bench I found some dirt...........OMG........ :D

Talk about priorities in life..... The movers are moving everything except my most precious things that are small enough for me to take in the car. So of course this means that my stacks of zoot are all going in the car with me....... I hope Sony does OK in the back of the moving van...... :lol:

Thanks again for the well wishes my friends!

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Fri May 16, 2008 2:39 pm

Hesh1956 wrote:
I nearly had a heart attack today because under a bench I found some dirt...........OMG........ :D
No doubt you the rushed off and had a long shower and rubbed yourself red with the soap.