Hello and goodbye

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

xray
Blackwood

Hello and goodbye

Post by xray » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:09 pm

He folks, its been an unusually long time since my last post but I have been busy working and not getting alot done in the shed. We are going to be moving house soon and unfortunately I have no shed that is going to be built. I have to sell not just my tonewood but also my beloved machinery as well. A list to get you thinking is below that some of you may be interested in. I will post in the buy swap sell section soon with pics:

1. Truss rods from group buy
2. Tonewood 2aa sitka spruce group buy
3. Ebony Fingerboards Group buy with bridges
4. Many quality sets back and sides OM and larger
5. Bandsaw Metabo 14 inch
6. Tablesaw 2Hp carbatec
7. Thicknesser roughly 16 inch Aus made but similar to hare and forbes own brand WMS is its brand. 3hp 15amp (very heavy)
8. Linisher belt and wheel sander not sure of brand 1HP
9. 3hp dust extractors 15amp twin bag heavy duty.

All my handtools i will hang on to. PM if you are interested in having a look before the holidays but im in Dubbo NSW.

Bob Connor
Admin

Re: Hello and goodbye

Post by Bob Connor » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:44 pm

What a bummer.

I'll take the truss rods and the ebony fingerboards off your hands.
Bob, Geelong

Mainwaring and Connor Guitars

Tod Gilding
Blackwood

Post by Tod Gilding » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:39 pm

You Can still hang around , I don't think there's a rule that you have to have a build on the bench :)

How much ya asking for your Sitka tops ?

And more info on B & S sets please :) and quickly before Martin arrives and cleans up the lot :mrgreen:
Tod

Music is everyone's posession. It's only publishers who think that people own it.
John Lennon

demonx
Blackwood

Post by demonx » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:02 pm

I may be interested in any nice grained or highly figured back sets, can you please PM details/pics

xray
Blackwood

Post by xray » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:55 pm

I have a beautiful set of tassie tiger myrtle in a dreadnaught size, but im not sure if i have the heart to sell it.
The rest are all various back and sides ranging from some of Bob's figured myrtle sets, tims figured blackwood and lots and lots more.

H3ytm@n
Blackwood

Post by H3ytm@n » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:23 pm

What a shame.
I've thought about what a hassle it would be if I had to move myself. Bad luck.
Mike

demonx
Blackwood

Post by demonx » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:59 pm

Pics and prices?

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:10 pm

demonx wrote:Pics and prices?
I suggest all the goodies be advertised on buy and sell subforum so everyone gets a bid on the goodies.

As for me blundering the lot Ive got no more room on my shelves....or my benches...or my floor.
Martin

xray
Blackwood

Post by xray » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:16 pm

It is certainly fair if everyone gets to see the items so they can see the condition of tools and also the quality of the wood up for grabs. I have no idea of who is able to get to dubbo to pick up the machinery so i am putting out the feelers and giving everyone the opportunity for the heads up. I will post a day in advance of a time when pics are up. The prices are then to follow all in one post. I always used to be dissapointed when those who were on office computers for work would get in on deals seconds after listings... Sorry Martin but you had a knack for anbnoying me with all the best buys..... When in rome and all that stuff. I am still interested in knowing who is clse enough to pick up machinery at a decent pricde so let me know via PM if you are after the machinery before I flog it on flea bay.

rocket
Blackwood

Post by rocket » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:29 pm

kiwigeo wrote:
demonx wrote:Pics and prices?
I suggest all the goodies be advertised on buy and sell subforum so everyone gets a bid on the goodies.

As for me blundering the lot Ive got no more room on my shelves....or my benches...or my floor.
I reckon you could find some room for any stuff that comes your way at the right price Martin, don't be fooled folks, it's a ploy to put us off the scent. 8) 8)
Rod.
Like I said before the crash, " Hit the bloody thing, it won't hit ya back

www.octiganguitars.com

J.F. Custom
Blackwood

Post by J.F. Custom » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:52 pm

Sorry to hear it Xray.

I think Bob beat me to it, but I'll be next in line on even some of the truss rods.

Good luck with it all.

Jeremy.

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:54 pm

Hey Xray,

Sorry to hear you will have no shed at the new abode. You were one of the founders of this forum and we will miss you if you go. :(

But don't forget mate, there are organizations such as 'The Men's Shed' with heaps of machinery for use by members so hang on to some of that wood and have a good look at your options.

Cheers

Kim

Pat.Hawkins
Myrtle

Post by Pat.Hawkins » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:43 am

Hi Folks,
Just wanted to support Kim's "Men's Shed" suggestion.

My workshop is tiny - but I'm a member of the local Woodcraft Guild. (Women and Family friendly).

It's a great social connection as well as giving me access to all the machinery. ($40/yr membership + $2/hr).

Another benefit is that it has some of the other members are now considering instrument making and I get invites to their sheds to do stuff.

(Guitar 1 half finished) :D

Cheers