New Tonewood supplier

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Graham
ANZLF Approved Supplier

New Tonewood supplier

Post by Graham » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:14 am

Hello all from the Great white north,

Just wanted to let you know that I have been invited by Bob to join your forum and I am very excited about all of this. A bit about myself...I have been involved in all aspects of the forest industy up here in B.C. for the poast 25 years and finally woke up about 5 years ago and started a small tonewood manufacturing business from our wonderful old growth logs. I am very passionate about what I do and feel very strongly that the remaining tonewood logs that we have left in the world belong in our hands, and in yours. I cut all grades and sizes and and I love custom work as well. I sell alot on e-bay as well, my handle is gumperhiking, check me out. Anyway, very happy to be among you, drop me a line. Take care for now,
Graham Hein
Kootenay Tonewood
3841 Woodland Drive
Trail B.C.
V1R 2V6
kootenaytonewood@shaw.ca
250-364-2762

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Post by sebastiaan56 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:19 am

Welcome Graham, there are some nice looking sets on your EBay store there. Do you actually cruise the woods or is it an auction system like a lot of our Tasmanian timbers?

I look forward to your input on all things lutherie,
make mine fifths........

Bob Connor
Admin

Post by Bob Connor » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:23 am

And welcome Graham.

I've been buying Engelmann Spruce for a few years from Graham and I've never been disappointed.

I've also pointed a few people towards Graham and the comments I've got back have also been very, very positive.

So we're very happy to have you on board.

Cheers

Bob

graham mcdonald
Blackwood

Post by graham mcdonald » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:12 pm

Second Bob's comments

Graham sent me some Englemann mandolin tops a few months ago. Arrived very promptly and is really nice light englemann. Just finishing off a mandola at the moment. Good bloke to deal with.

Now, I just need some of that Lutz stuff... (Gotta sell a few books first, the bank account is seriously depleted )

cheers

graham
Graham McDonald
http://www.mcdonaldstrings.com

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:37 pm

Welcome Graham, and I'll say as well that I've bought some 2A tops that are every bit as nice as 3A that I've seen elsewhere. Great product and service.

I'm also from B.C. and my parents live in Falkland, but my wife and I have been living in Australia for 6 years now.
Allen R. McFarlen
https://www.brguitars.com
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

BillyT
Blackwood

Post by BillyT » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:55 pm

Welcome Graham! I's always good to see new people on the forum, especially if they sell great wood!

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:28 am

Graham McDonald wrote: Now, I just need some of that Lutz stuff... (Gotta sell a few books first, the bank account is seriously depleted )
Swap you some Lutz sets for a signed copy of your book. PM me and we can talk turkey. Cheers Martin

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:29 am

Welcome Graham,

As already mentioned by other posters Graham is the man for top quality Englemann at rock bottom price.

Cheers Martin

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:52 am

kiwigeo wrote:Welcome Graham,

As already mentioned by other posters Graham is the man for top quality Englemann at rock bottom price.

Cheers Martin
Word is Martin that you now have more of Graham's excellent Englemann than he does. What are you doing there fella, building a house with it?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

No doubt about it though, thanks to the generosity of our good mate Bob, I have a sample of Graham's handy work and it is very, very fine wood indeed creamy white and very stiff. Putting money where my mouth is, I placed my order with Kootenay Tonewood around week or two ago and am looking forward to receipt of my order. Graham looked after me very well, but especially so knowing that I was a member of the ANZLF. With that, I also extend a warm welcome to Graham, nice to have you with us mate. 8)

Cheers

Kim

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:11 pm

Incredible, I received my order from Graham [b]TODAY[/b] :shock:. At a little over a week this is a record delivery time from Canada for me, sometimes I have waited up to 17 weeks for wood from BC. Better than the express delivery though is that the wood is simply outstanding, light, stiff, clean, perfectly 1/4ed, and plenty of meat to work with both in length, breadth and importantly, in thickness.

These tops will clean up perfectly with plenty enough thickness left to allow the 'builder' to decide the final thickness of the plates. This is a detail that some vendors seem to be loosing sight of as they seek to get more slices per bolt. I have received some plates as thin as 3.2mm unsanded and even thinner in areas where lack of skill has caused the blade to wander, maybe Graham needs to do some resaw workshops to help out the opposition:D .

Thanks again Graham outstanding work :D

Cheers

Kim

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sat May 03, 2008 9:00 am

Looks like my Englemann has arrived. Off to the PO just as soon as I can drag some clothes on.