Tim Metcalf's Binding Jig

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Bob Connor
Admin

Tim Metcalf's Binding Jig

Post by Bob Connor » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:02 am

Tim Metcalf, our newest member, has a few binding jigs for sale.

These are very similar to the ones that are commercially available and at about half the cost.

I followed the thread over at the Luthierforum when Tim was having these built and they certainly look like an extremely well constructed and designed piece of equipment.

He'll be along shortly to give us all the run down.

Bob

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:45 am

I bought one of Tim's binding jigs, it arrived during the week. It sure looks the part, close tolerances and solidly built, seems good value for the buck. When I get a chance to venture out to the shed again, in the note to distant future I hope, I will let you know how it goes.

Cheers

Kim

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Post by Hesh1956 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:28 pm

I am impressed with Tim's jig and I agree that the price is less than half of the comparable Luthier Tool jig. Tim is also using Roro-zip bits that are easier to find, much cheaper, and cut great.

With solutions like the Williams Jig ($300), the Luthier Tool jig ($200) Tim's at around $80 is a steal.

MetcalfGuitars
Gidgee

Post by MetcalfGuitars » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:14 am

Guys, Thanks for the positive introduction and feedback.

I do still have a few units available. You can see them http://metcalfguitars.com/handy-guide.html and decide for yourself. They have been well received around the world with units sold on just about every continent now.

Once the bunch is sold it will probably be the last of them. I prefer to spend my hobby time making guitars instead of the assembly and shipping of router guides.

Please contact me prior to purchase to make sure I still have some available.
Tim

MetcalfGuitars.com