Henry Brothers Sawblades

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Bob Connor
Admin

Henry Brothers Sawblades

Post by Bob Connor » Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:03 pm

We took delivery of a Jet 18" bandsaw last week so I ordered a 1" Lenox Woodmaster carbide tipped blade to stick on it from Henry Brothers in Sydney.

I ordered the blade before we took delivery of the saw so I looked up the specs on the net and got a 133" blade.

Bandsaw arrived and it is the newer model which takes a 137" blade. :evil:

A call to Henry brothers resulted in them telling me to send the blade back and they will replace it with the proper length at no cost. They're even going to cover the postage for what is my stuff up. (Mark did saw I owe him beer if I ever run into him)

I've dealt with Henry's before and their service and blades have always been brilliant. This takes it to another level and restores my faith in levels of service provided by Australian businesses (which is generally crap)

They don't have a website but you can contact them here.

Henry Brothers
541 Old Hawkesbury Rd
Vineyard
02 9627 5486

And if anyone has need of a very nice 133" resaw blade there'll be on in stock at Henry Brothers in the next few days at around $150.

The Woodmaster CT have had a very good rap from Grant Goltz in the States who resaws a mountain of wood.

Bob
Last edited by Bob Connor on Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TimS
ANZLF Approved Supplier

Post by TimS » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:45 pm

What was the tpi?

regards

Tim
[url]http://www.australiantonewoods.com[/url]

Bob Connor
Admin

Post by Bob Connor » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:49 pm

Craig
Admin

Post by Craig » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:27 pm

Agreed 100% there Bob. They have made my blades for the last few years also . Mine is only a 14 " saw . They supply me mainly 1/4 " blades, ( Swedish )a few at a time , so don't go thinking your order may be too small. Highest quality blades at the most reasonable prices, and prompt. What else could you ask for ?

They have also given me great saw advice on a few occasions. These guys have been in this business for generations . There wouldn't be a lot they don't know when it comes to blades. The service you received , doesn't surprise me Bob. I've found he doesn't mind a bit of a yarn either :lol:

Cheers Craig

matthew
Blackwood

Post by matthew » Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:44 pm

I am using a 1.3 tpi 1" blade from Henry's on my 14" bandsaw. Its a ripper, dangerous and scary as hell. Their blades are better than others I have used. Quick turnaround too. great supplier.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:20 am

For you Adelaide guys Norwood Sawworks is the place I get my bandsaw blades.

ap404
Myrtle

Post by ap404 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:33 am

Henry's sounds splendid, but here in Melbourne I stop in at Mc Diven's Saw's in Williamstown.

I love a good hardware timewarp experience ( just like finding a shop with new-old-stock screws in dusty little boxes ).

The first time I visited, I named the model of my old saw ( An Adelaide (?) built Woodcraft ) and the kindly gentleman returned with a manual for my saw which he proceeded to give to me. We then talked at length about tpi's and kerfs and cutting metal vs. timber.

It's a tin shed with a tin desk and the blades come with a brown card tag held on with twine and a handwritten spec.

Then I can walk the dog down at the dog-beach and we can share some fish and chips. ( me and the dog that is, not the sawblade guy ... )

A.P.

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:07 pm

ap404 wrote:Henry's sounds splendid, but here in Melbourne I stop in at Mc Diven's Saw's in Williamstown.

I love a good hardware timewarp experience ( just like finding a shop with new-old-stock screws in dusty little boxes ).

The first time I visited, I named the model of my old saw ( An Adelaide (?) built Woodcraft ) and the kindly gentleman returned with a manual for my saw which he proceeded to give to me. We then talked at length about tpi's and kerfs and cutting metal vs. timber.

It's a tin shed with a tin desk and the blades come with a brown card tag held on with twine and a handwritten spec.

Then I can walk the dog down at the dog-beach and we can share some fish and chips. ( me and the dog that is, not the sawblade guy ... )

A.P.
Bugger! You go weav'in in the romance and intrigue, and then, just when we're all lean'in forward toward our monitors biting our bottom lips in the anticipation of loves eternal spring, you have to go and spoil it all by pull the thread on us AP :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Kim

ap404
Myrtle

Post by ap404 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:30 pm

HA!

There is a lot of love between me and my dog/production manager/workshop supervisor, but not much romance ... especially when she looks so bored with my work ...

I do enjoy a trip to the timberyards, scrapmetal yards and fish and chip shops down at Williamstown tho purely for platonic reasons Kim, besides it's exciting enough getting my bandsaws to run true for a change ...

Cheers A.P.

gratay
Blackwood

Post by gratay » Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:56 am

I was sure when you we're talking about tpi's you we're talking about the dog? :roll:

ap404
Myrtle

Post by ap404 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:47 am

well ... she has chewed on a few vintage headstocks over the years, but her toothset is really maximised for bone cutting ...

gratay
Blackwood

Post by gratay » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:59 am

oh well, I'm not letting her anywhere near my nuts then.. :shock:

this thread is going down hill fast.

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:05 am

Threads going to the dog(s)