A REASON TO CELEBRATE

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Serge
Blackwood

A REASON TO CELEBRATE

Post by Serge » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:30 am

Mohammed, Siddhartha Gautama (The Buddha), Confucius, and Jesus Christ: To many, these names are all of equal value; they represent great teachers who spoke words of wisdom and enlightenment. They are the leaders of major religions, and their words and ideas live to this day, each having won the loyalty of millions and even billions of followers.

All four of these men died and were buried. However three still lie in the grave. This coming Sunday, Christians around the world will celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. On the Passover he was slaughtered as our spotless Passover lamb. As in Egypt, his blood was placed over us to protect us and shield us from the judgment of God. Then Christ conquered sin - and death itself - by rising again.

And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay (Matthew 28:5,6).

O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:55-57).

Resurrection Sunday should be a day of greatest rejoicing. Christ Jesus lives today! We have a living Lord, a living Savior, a living Hope. He has broken the power of death and sin over our lives! Through him, each of us can escape God's wrath and live forever. This is the foundation of the Christian faith. Without Christ's resurrection, we have nothing.

Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable (1 Corinthians 15:12-19).

Praise the Lord, Christ has risen! Billions of people through the centuries have had their lives changed by the living power of Jesus Christ, and to this day, his resurrection power heals and restores and gives new life. We are witnesses to that life-giving power . How do we know Christ lives? We've watched him change our lives and the lives of people around us! We've watched him heal and restore over and over! Praise God - he will continue to do so until his return!

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you (1 Peter 1:3,4).
Jesus, family, friends, guitar and mandolin : D

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Post by Hesh1956 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:06 am

Some interesting things to know about Sidharrtha:

During his entire life he insisted that he was mortal and NOT a God. In fact he was known to throw temper tantrums when people treated him like a God. He swore, would over turn tables and throw things at people.

What he wanted people to know was that his only interest in life was to become more "aware" and he also wanted people to know that he could care less if they wanted to be like him or not.

If you can believe what you read and with some translation errors here are some of my favorite Sidharrtha sayings:

When shot by an arrow do not worry about who shot you, what kind of arrow it is, which direction the arrow came from - just get the stinkin arrow out of your body..........

Here is another favorite of mine that demonstrated his belief that people should NOT view him as a God.

A farmer was troubled and decided to seek an audience with the great Buddha who happened to be alive during the farmer's time.

The farmer traveled for weeks, endured great hardship, and finally reached the town where Buddha was. After having to wait in line for a few days he had an audience with the Buddha.

The Buddha greeted the farmer and asked what the farmer wanted.

The farmer told the Buddha that he was very troubled. It seemed that his wife had cheated on him, his son was lazy and would not tend the goats, and the farmer's crops had failed.

The Buddha listened and then said this "my friend we all have 23 problems in life in which the nature of our problems is such that there is nothing that we can do about them. For example - we all will one day die and there is nothing that we can do about this. If by chance we do find a solution to one of our 23 problems it will quickly be replaced by a new problem, and we will have 23 problems again, and the new problem may be worse than the old problem was."

The farmer listened and then grew angry at what he had heard. He told the Buddha that he had traveled far, suffered, waited and for what? to hear this bullshit and not be provided with anything that would help him with his problems?

Buddha was said to reply "then you my friend will have 24 problems......."

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Post by sebastiaan56 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:48 am

Hesh,

I think you will find that Confucious also had no desire to be labelled a god. He was, from my readings, an ancestor worshipper. He remained relatively obscure during his lifetime but later became the favourite of the Imperial court due to his emphasis on filial piety, a perfect philosophy for a hereditary ruling class to adopt. The Chinese seem to be particularly adept at syncretic religion which is why you see statues of Confucious now.

Serge, I understand that Mohamed ascended to heaven. I seems to be a fairy common prerequisite for Middle Eastern prophets during the centuries. Also, Tibetan Buddhist saints dissolved their bodies into rainbow light and so did not "die". My point is that the story is not unique in the history of world religions despite the assertions of the faithful.

All of these men (notice how they all are men?) I reckon would be horrified how their teachings have led to them being deified and more to the point have words shoved into their mouths be later generations of the "faithful".

OK, lets start, Im right, you're wrong....
make mine fifths........

Serge
Blackwood

Post by Serge » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:40 am

sebastiaan56 wrote: Serge, I understand that Mohamed ascended to heaven. I seems to be a fairy common prerequisite for Middle Eastern prophets during the centuries. Also, Tibetan Buddhist saints dissolved their bodies into rainbow light and so did not "die". My point is that the story is not unique in the history of world religions despite the assertions of the faithful.

All of these men (notice how they all are men?) I reckon would be horrified how their teachings have led to them being deified and more to the point have words shoved into their mouths be later generations of the "faithful".

OK, lets start, Im right, you're wrong....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi bud and Happy Passover to you and yours and to Hesh also.

Seems to me like you've done some homework into the world religions and their buffet of deities or prophets but if i may, i will boldly object to your conclusions for i see that your homework was incomplete, you are partly right and partly wrong on the whole of what you bring forward.

True that there are ancient pagan religions that have similiraities with the Christian faith but i will propose for now that they exist for the sole purpose of driving men away from the reality of Christ being the awaited Messiah of Israel, the Son of Man/Son of God/God the Son, , part of the Godhead of the Trinity(Elohim is a plural word with a singular vowel. Let US make man in our image.Genesis 1:26)), you'll see where i'm getting at a little further...

If you notice the teachings of the qu'ran that appeared in ~ 700 -->AD<--, the qu'ran talks about a Jesus that is simply a prophet, a created being that did great things but those teachings reject the Deity of Christ just as modern day mormonism does and both these religions have polygamy as a incentive for Salvation but the Bible forbids such practices. Jehovah's witnesses also deny Christ's Deity so both JWs and mormons(LDS) are not "Christian based faiths " for they deny Jesus as being God. Mormons also have a new gospel which was predicted by the apostle Paul 2000 years ago, when he said that if anyone, himself or angels, would present us a different gospel, to let them be acursed. Mormons have another false prophet, their mohamed is Joseph Smith Jr, they don't read their Bibles and the Bible of the JWs has been tampered with many many times, they are also embarrassed by many false prophecies about the end times.

Back to the teachings of Muhamed and the qu'ran, when your holy book, teaches you to hate and kill Jews and Christians specificly and anybody else that won't go along with the program, i start worrying because it is not what the God of the Bible teaches, in the true Christian faith, we are called to turn the other cheek, to love and pray for our enemies, Mohammed was recorded in history as being a murderer and a pedophile and that can be verified and puts the muslims in embarrassment. They worship the moon god which is not mine, we don't have the same God nor the same road to Him.

In the world, i will readily admit that you have gods of the pantheon but that they are all false and if i may, i would suggest to you that they are all the Nephilims or "fallen angels" that are recorded in Genesis 6:1-4, in other words, Satan and 1/3 of the angels who married eartly women by force which resulted in weird offsprings ie Giants, remember that Satan was previously a beautiful angel called Lucifer and after inequity was found in him, he became our enemy, Satan.

When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal ; his days will be a hundred and twenty years."
4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown. (Remember Hercules and Apollon etc etc)

Interestingly enough, when Jesus was asked how it would be at hhe end of the age, Jesus replied: As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. (Matthew 24:37).

I would suggest also that the fallen ones are still at work today to deceive many but the Bible is too skilfuly designed by codes and numbers and by the numbers of authors that were inspired, apart fro each other by time that it makes it impossible to have any human contrivances nor human conspiracy and be so acurate in any department especially with prophecies pertaining to the first coming of Christ on the earth and everything happening now and which was prophesied leading us to His second coming, in fact, i'll make a preposterous statement, the Bible tells us more about what we live now than the time when Jesus walked the shores of Galilea but that is the part that you haven't checked yet and one must be able to read litterally in it. Don't take my word for it, just do your homework.

The God of the Bible is the only true God

for the God of the Bible said by the mouth of the prophet Isaiah:

7 Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it.
Let him declare and lay out before me
what has happened since I established my ancient people,
and what is yet to come—
yes, let him foretell what will come.

8 Do not tremble, do not be afraid.
Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago?
You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me?
No, there is no other Rock; I know not one."

9 All who make idols are nothing,
and the things they treasure are worthless.
Those who would speak up for them are blind;
they are ignorant, to their own shame."(Isaiah 44:7-9)

and a little further.

so that from the rising of the sun
to the place of its setting
men may know there is none besides me.
I am the LORD, and there is no other.(Isaiah 45:6)

As Hesh said, buddha never said he was God nor wanted to be seen as such and New age promotes that you are God and that you can do anything you want ....ahem!

To put this all in context, one has to study the claims of this book and this one to see if there are any traces of reality that could be verifiable or recorded in history, archelogy, ancestry and prophecy and by far, very very far, the Holy Bible of the God of Israel(NT/OT) eclipses them all, especially with archeology and prophecy with every single one of them being fulfiled as prophesied and right on time. Also verifiable within secular sources of that era and as close as 50-100 AD within the time of the apostles ie the early church which was not the same as what what Emperor Constantine made of it in pagan Rome in 325 AD.

Lastly, Jesus is the only one that has an empty tomb, He is risen!

Best

Serge
Jesus, family, friends, guitar and mandolin : D