Newcomer says hi

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

foxfair
Gidgee

Newcomer says hi

Post by foxfair » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:07 pm

Hi there,

Guess that it is about time to introduce myself. I have been lurked around for a while but never said anything, because I haven't built any instrument. I have several ukuleles to strum and have fun with my kid together. We even have a ukulele lesson almost every night, I say 'almost' because my 7-year old boy asks to play together every day -- but sometimes he has forgot so I can have some spare time at nights.

I am developing interest to make my own ukulele(and maybe guitar later). I have ordered the ukulele kits from stewmac and looking forward to get start. Right now I am reading information here, or via google search and watching videos on youtube. Can't wait to get my hands on building my own uke! Hopefully I can learn how to avoid some stupid errors through the path. I am sure I will have lots of questions to ask and lots of challenges to face later.

cheers,
Howard
Howard

martintaylor
Blackwood

Re: Newcomer says hi

Post by martintaylor » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:16 am

Welcome Howard,

I'm sure the admins will give you an official welcome. Once you start building you'll be addicted like the rest of us!

Take plenty of photos as you build so you have a record of the process. It helps when you do your next build. And remember, its just wood, glue and a bit of hard work.

Martin

steve roberts
Blackwood

Post by steve roberts » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:31 am

Hi Howard
Welcome to the forum
Regards Steve

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:47 am

Welcome aboard Howard.

Remember that there are no dumb questions. And everyone here will do their best with helpful advice if you require.

Cheers
Allen R. McFarlen
https://www.brguitars.com
Facebook
Cairns, Australia