Suitable Tasmanian soundboards

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Chalks
Myrtle

Re: Suitable Tasmanian soundboards

Post by Chalks » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:01 pm

Cool! This has been an absolute crack-up. :lol: I am still gunna belligerently give the Huon a go though :)
Chalks

Jokidding
Wandoo

Post by Jokidding » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:33 pm

Sorry for my late reply as I have only just arrived back today from a trip to Japan,Well this thread sure got things lively more reads than any other thread, you must all be bored, this Bob character must me an interesting guy That I must meet, if he stirs a few of you lot up like he does I will read all of the reply's within the next few days once I have rested from jet lag.
Jo

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Which part of Japan did you visit?

Strange that you're suffering jet lag. Whenever Ive done the trip to and from Japan to visit my in laws Ive never suffered jet lag.....Japan and Australia are virtually on the same time zone. Right now Tasmania and Japan are only 2 hours apart.
Martin

ozwood
Blackwood

Post by ozwood » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:13 pm

I wait with baited breath,

I was really sad when this thread lost Momentum, Buckle up !!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P
Paul .

Taffy Evans
Blackwood

Post by Taffy Evans » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:05 am

I take back my comment about not going to page three on this thread, "tis the season to be jolly" and I've got a pain in the ass guitar to finish this week so the distraction has been good. I just had to flick back to the first post to check who posted it and why.
Taff

Jokidding
Wandoo

Post by Jokidding » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:41 pm

It sure is a season to be Jolly Taffy, this thread is a great Circus I am enjoying it.
This Bob bloke that some are going on about sounds interesting I am looking forward to meeting up with him next week, I must be careful what I say other wise I will also be kicked out of the forum and that would be a shame as there is some great forum members, got to expect there to be a few wankers with a big ego.
As for Kiwi Martin am i CORRECT? your question why did I have jet lag well Japan was not the only place visited on that trip.
Jo

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:44 pm

Jokidding wrote: As for Kiwi Martin am i CORRECT? your question why did I have jet lag well Japan was not the only place visited on that trip.
Jo
Well your post gave the impression that Japan was the only place you visited. Here's what you said:

"I have only just arrived back today from a trip to Japan."

I was actually genuinely interested in which part(s) of Japan you visited.
Martin

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:55 pm

Jokidding wrote: This Bob bloke that some are going on about sounds interesting I am looking forward to meeting up with him next week, I must be careful what I say other wise I will also be kicked out of the forum and that would be a shame as there is some great forum members, got to expect there to be a few wankers with a big ego.
Seems to me you don't have much idea who are the wankers in here. In some of your posts you've been busy singing the praises of Bob Connor......possibly Australia's biggest wanker. I mean he drinks Guinness which definitely makes him a wanker.
Martin

ozwood
Blackwood

Post by ozwood » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:22 pm

Put your shades on everyone 8) theres gonna be a Nuking :mrgreen: .
Paul .

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Jokidding wrote:And there I was thinking you were the bigest wanker Martin after all your a new zealander,you shag sheep dont you?
Jo
:shock:
Martin

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:31 pm

Attachments
Clown-Mushroom-Cloud.jpg
Martin

liam_fnq
Blackwood

Post by liam_fnq » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Sheep shagging's more beastiality than wanking isn't it?

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:35 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Awe!!!...Bugga!! Zeros, ones, and teeny weeny little bits of dickhead went all over my freshly sprayed nito.. :x But I guess the sand back is small price to pay for peace and tranquility on the cyber space plant ANZLF ready for xmas....who was that masked man? :cl :cl :cl

Thank you GodBobConnor, good knight to all....and to all a good night. :D

Cheers

Kim

John Maddison
Blackwood

Post by John Maddison » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:20 am

Aw c'mon ... How about some reliable suppliers of these Tasmanain Tonewoods.

Who's got an up-to-date list of mills and re-sellers still allowed to trade?

Thanks
John M

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:51 am

Damn! Which one of you wanker's have deleted posts???? It's ruined the whole laugh a minute continuity thing. :? Good comedy is all about timing.
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

ozwood
Blackwood

Post by ozwood » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:31 am

Comedy is one thing but insinuating that our friends from accross the ditch are sheep shaggers is just plain out of order :shock: , specially when it comes from a Tasmanian( they are rumoured to have their own proclivities) :? I for one welcome the Nuking in the Interests of cross Tasman Relations, but if you read the quote in Martins Post you get the idea ! I For was looking forward to the much anticipated Blackwood/ celery Top topped Guitar , cause after ten years of solid research (on the net ) it would have been a ripper! :roll:

Any way Merry Christmas to everyone :gui :gui :gui :gui :gui .

Cheers,
Paul .

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:11 am

ozwood wrote:Comedy is one thing but insinuating that our friends from accross the ditch are sheep shaggers is just plain out of order :shock: , specially when it comes from a Tasmanian( they are rumoured to have their own proclivities) :? I for one welcome the Nuking in the Interests of cross Tasman Relations, but if you read the quote in Martins Post you get the idea ! I For was looking forward to the much anticipated Blackwood/ celery Top topped Guitar , cause after ten years of solid research (on the net ) it would have been a ripper! :roll:

Any way Merry Christmas to everyone :gui :gui :gui :gui :gui .

Cheers,
After years of getting it, we're used to the tag now Paul, but I know what you mean. 8) Mind you, as your very own, now retired, ambassador Dame Edna once said, "If you can't laugh at yourself you may just be missing out on the joke of the century."
A bus load of Japanese tourists pulled up at a typical New Zealand farm as part of their Un Zud experience & all alighted from the bus, camera's at the ready with fingers hovering over the shutter button. Wandering around the farm one of the tourists goes behind a rather large but very old & dilapidated barn & finds a farm hand getting it on rather amourously with a particularly good looking ewe (refer to avatar). The tourist enquires " Ah...'scuse me please, are you shearing sheep?", the farmhand glares at the tourist "F**k off & find your own!" :wink:

Happy end of the world everyone & make sure you've got clean undies on, don't want to let your dear old granny down. :dru
"Jesus Loves You."

ozwood
Blackwood

Post by ozwood » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:22 am

Dr Dolittle is on Holidays in New zealand , he's on a backpacking adventure , anyway he walks past this farm , the Farmers sitting on the Verandah with his Border collie , as he Passes the Border collie calls him over , and Asks him to tell the farmer that the new dry food is making him constipated and tastes like crap, and could he please switch back to Pal, The farmer thinks the backpacker is nuts , so the backpacker askes the Dog to tell him something only the dog would know , he says to the farmer, the dog tell me you sleep in a red jumpsuit with a Flap at the back , the farmer is still skeptical, the backpacker calls over the horse , and after a short conversation tells the Kiwi farmer that the horse want's less oats in his feed as it makes him Jumpy and agitated , and wonders if he could be moved to a bigger paddock and would like to go for a ride over to the back paddock cause the water in that dam is sweeter , the farmer is astounded , just then a sheep wanders up to fence and looks at the backpacker , before the Sheep can get a word out the farmer interjects and shouts , " don't talk to her , she's a F*#cking lier ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boom Boom !
Paul .

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:18 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JJ model
Blackwood

Post by JJ model » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:38 pm

A Happy New Year to you folks! you tasted the New Year a couple of hours ahead of mine. anything NEW? :dru
wow, I didn't know the topic of wood can go so funny....
Thanks Bob for mentioning my crazy experiment with local ( HARD ) wood.
I have scored some huge jackpot just before 2012 passed away.
I've got a bunch of highly figured bearclaw sikta spruce ( at least more than 15 years sitting under inches tick of dust ) which was rejected by a big Japanese company during the 80s .
A 180 years old mango tree ( 3 generations ) was fell and half was disposed before I arrived at the scene....just in time to salvage the main trunk.
Made some Rambutan guitars, got a truckload of Laici wood ( again a few generations old ) and finally got the 1st prize for the guitar making competition ( classical guitar ) in Russia beating the whole bunch of traditionally strong makers using the finest BRW and Spruce in their tuffs. No modern materials like graphite, double top nomax are allowed. I used everything Malaysian hardwood except the Top ( cedar ).
My reference to making GOOD guitars with other wood is as long as its better than 'Plastic aka carbon graphite' .........
for your information i don't tap my wood, i'll know its good when it taste good :lol: ( I mean the fruits )
BTW I would love to try some Aussie Wood, anybody thinking of throwing away your pile? :oops:

1st pic - great grandfather mango tree.
2nd pic - Laici wood
3rd pic - did you see some monkeys in there?
Attachments
mango1a.jpg
mango1a.jpg (110.63 KiB) Viewed 19949 times
Lici1c.jpg
Lici1c.jpg (209.11 KiB) Viewed 19949 times
mpw22.jpg
mpw22.jpg (153.75 KiB) Viewed 19949 times

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:01 pm

JJ model wrote:BTW I would love to try some Aussie Wood, anybody thinking of throwing away your pile? :oops:
No :?
Martin

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:37 pm

Couldn't 'throw' Martin's pile anywhere Jeff, it would need a rather large nuclear explosion to get that lot to even jump slightly from it's foundations! :wink:
That last pic as absolutely stunning, more Monkey Pod?
"Jesus Loves You."

DaveW
Blackwood

Post by DaveW » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:49 pm

I see many things in that figure JJ but monkeys arent one of them??
Dave
The Older I Get The Better I was ?

JJ model
Blackwood

Post by JJ model » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:54 pm

yes, its monkeypod! i got that from under my pile of scraps..... sometime crappy wood are more stunning than those normal stuff.

Nick
Blackwood

Post by Nick » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:36 pm

That's your crappy wood?? :shock: think the wood better get thrown the other way Jeff :lol:
"Jesus Loves You."