KiwiGeo's Polite Request

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

johnosb
Kauri

KiwiGeo's Polite Request

Post by johnosb » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:19 pm

Ooops, was just about to be a pig ignorant bogan and head straight to the eskie when I read Martin's request......

I've been hanging around for a fair bit absorbing all the free advice, enjoying the visual feast of your builds and listening in on your conversations. Thus far I have two builds under my belt, a small body six string and a 12 string dread and I'm a little bit hooked. Currently another two under way but I bought the Gore/Gilet bible of guitar building and have taken a step back so that I can try to apply some of their wisdom. Unfortunately, I hit a bit of a snag with interpreting some of their math when I saw the new design and build thread - the answer to my prayers.

So, now the introductions are complete I can go and hit the p*ss and the grub table....

Os

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: KiwiGeo's Polite Request

Post by kiwigeo » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:39 pm

johnosb wrote:
So, now the introductions are complete I can go and hit the p*ss and the grub table....

Os
You can....once youve put up a few pics of at least one of your builds :mrgreen:
Martin

Dominic
Blackwood

Post by Dominic » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:46 pm

Hey Os, welcome, you will find lots of answers here and lots of help. The design and build thread is a beauty. A lot of the easier stuff has been worked out and solutions and tips posted. So have a go at the thickness equation and see how you go. A lot of the questions you may have have probably already been answered so use the thread as a resource and if you get stuck, call out for help and one of us will try our best to answer. Plus we have Trevor Gore here for the hard stuff.
Good luck
Dom
You can bomb the world to pieces,
but you can't bomb the world to peace!

Tod Gilding
Blackwood

Post by Tod Gilding » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:39 pm

Welcome Os, looking forward to seeing your builds

It's no good going straight for the P*ss and grub anyway, Martin alway's get's there first and only leaves scraps and empties :mrgreen: .
Tod

Music is everyone's posession. It's only publishers who think that people own it.
John Lennon