My Visit to De Faoite Guitars.

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

woodrat
Blackwood

My Visit to De Faoite Guitars.

Post by woodrat » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:13 am

I thought that I would share with everyone the visit that I had with one of our Northern Hemisphere members Dave White of De Faoite Guitars. Dave is of course well known as a regular poster on this forum but I thought that I would look him up and say Hello on a recent trip to the UK. (Jan/Feb 2011)
I was over there for quite a few reasons...visiting friends, delivering a guitar to a friend that I had made, getting to meet other guitar makers (of course), dodging an Australian heat wave and of course, being able to access the best beer in the world....but I digress...

Dave and his wife were very hospitable and generous and we had a nice time talking guitars and swapping a few ideas. Dave makes very fine and interesting instruments that incorporate many advanced design features. I got to see some of the instruments that he has shown on his threads here such as the rebuilt Butterfly guitar and his harp guitars.

Thank you Dave very much!
Attachments
P1010679a.jpg
P1010681a.jpg
jonpic1.jpg
"It's never too late to be what you might have been " - George Eliot

Nick
Blackwood

Re: My Visit to De Faoite Guitars.

Post by Nick » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:17 am

There's something missing in that last photo...............................WHERE"S THE BEER??? :lol: :lol:
Glad you had the chance to catchup with Dave, he builds some class instruments :cl & thanks for posting this, always good to hear of members catching up with other members, albeit on the other side of the globe!
"Jesus Loves You."
Nice to hear in church but not in a Mexican prison.

Dave White
Blackwood

Re: My Visit to De Faoite Guitars.

Post by Dave White » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:58 pm

It was great meeting up with John and Luke plus I got to play John's lovely Cedar/Native Olive and Lutz/Mahogany guitars - very impressive indeed and I fell in love with Native Olive.

If I ever make it across to Aus/NZ it will be really good to put a few more faces to names on this Forum.

By the way send out a big hello to Colin Symonds - he phoned me to say that he was flying out last night to a ship (via NZ) to survey the fault line of the Japan earthquake to try and work out what will be happening there next.
Dave White
[url=http://www.defaoiteguitars.com]De Faoite Stringed Instruments[/url]