Fighting back against greedy retailers

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Dominic
Blackwood

Re: Fighting back against greedy retailers

Post by Dominic » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:31 pm

Another angle that has been voiced in the financial press recently is that the big retailers are buttering up investors with their 'poor us' rhetoric because they expect a pretty bad reporting season at the end of the financial year and want to be able to point to some cause out of their control. Another smoke screen. Don't want investors blaming the lack of return on bad management or failure to establish a web presence, "it was them bloody online shoppers what did it, honest gov".
Word from Canberra is that they are snowed under with flood related stuff and I think to get the best bang for buck with any letters we should still wait for some clear air and until the pollies get their minds focussed again on other issues. Or when the big retailers decide to have another big push. I'll keep my draft updated with any new developments and get it out to those who want a copy when the time is right.
Anyway, happy online shopping, dollar was above parity for a bit over the last two days which meant prices at Stew Mac fell when converted to AUS. :cl
Cheers
Dom
You can bomb the world to pieces,
but you can't bomb the world to peace!