Laxmi tonewoods

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

vandenboom
Blackwood

Laxmi tonewoods

Post by vandenboom » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:25 pm

You are viewing a re-constructed thread by the ANZLF recovery team. For more information click here.

"Originally Posted on:"Fri Aug 06, 2010 "

Did other ANZLF members get an email from this Indian supplier?
Has anyone dealt with them?
If I'm not supposed to ask this because they are not a preferred supplier, just let us know.
Frank

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: Laxmi tonewoods

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Hi Frank,

A couple of comments:

1. this supplier was banned from the forum recently for unsolicited advertising.
2. deal with this supplier at your own risk. Our preferred suppliers are carefully vetted and they all have a long track record in terms of service and quality of goods.

Cheers Martin
Martin

Stu
Blackwood

Post by Stu » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:30 pm

I've been receiving an increased level of emails from suppliers from the sub continent of late.

They are certainly getting info from ANZLF registers as has happened to many others on here too.

I'm now in the habit of deleting them after I check here whether any of these companies have received a good rap either in the relevant preferred suppliers section or a nod in the builder's forum.

I think one out of the last four or five has had a good history with folks here.
Cheers, Stu

[

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:30 pm

Stu,

The moderators/admins keep a close watch on the activities of these suppliers. If anyone gets an email or PM from a non preferred supplier then kindly bring it to the attention of the moderators/Admins by way of post or PM and well give you any info we have on the supplier.

Cheers Martin
Martin

rocket
Blackwood

Post by rocket » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:31 pm

I recieved an email from the same indian supplier today also. Cheers Rod
Like I said before the crash, " Hit the bloody thing, it won't hit ya back

www.octiganguitars.com

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:32 pm

I have received contact from another well respected member of the ANZLF forum just today about this very same spammer.

Take this as fair warning. Despite being asked politely not to attempt to promote their business on this forum without permission to do so, and eventually requiring deletion of their account to prevent them from doing so, the ex (short term) member 'Kiranrevar', has demonstrated they are prepared to act in a completely disrespectful and underhanded manner by undertaking to mine this forums member list to acquire personal contact information in order to solicit sales via SPAM.

This behavior gives all ANZLF members a clear indication of the complete lack of business ethics held by this particular vendor and I strongly urge all members to enter any dealings with: LAXMI ENTERPRISES, a company based in India offering EIR products to the instrument builders community, with great caution.

Thanks for your attention.

Kim

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:34 pm

Kim running hotter than a Madras Curry :pissed
Martin

Dennis Leahy
Blackwood

Post by Dennis Leahy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:35 pm

Because this forum allows guests, we know they are reading this, and I want them to know that the way they tried to do business and the fact that they have lifted my email address to Spam me, means they will never get my business. They are now blocked from my email account.

Dennis
Another damn Yank!

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:36 pm

The people running the laxativetonewoods website need to aquaint themselves with the Terms of Service that apply to customers using Yahoo's webhosting service:

7.2 Prohibited Uses

"(g) upload, post, email, transmit, or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, ¨junk mail,¨ ¨spam,¨ ¨chain letters,¨ ¨pyramid schemes,¨ or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas (such as shopping rooms) that are designated for such purpose;"

One sure way to get yourself reported to Yahoo would be to continue spamming members of this forum.
Martin

John Maddison
Blackwood

Post by John Maddison » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:36 pm

Spam also received yesterday 5 August, and I was immediately suspicious as the sender had used my Username in the salutation. 'Kiranrevar' has used an interesting choice to name his website ... it's enough to give anyone the sh%ts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I sorted the Forum's member list tonight, by 'Location', I noticed there are TWO very similar-sounding Usernames, both at the SAME address, and they joined the ANZLF a day apart:

Isn't there an anti-spamming agency somewhere on the planet that takes an interest in this kind of sleasy marketing behaviour?

EDIT: Having tested just now it would appear the URL http://www.laxmitonewoods.com works; whereas www.laxativetonewoods.com doesn't.
John M

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:37 pm

Sorry John.....the website URL in my post was "embelished".
Martin

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:38 pm

I have received an email from the owner of laxitonewoods and he offers a full apology and promises that he will stop spamming this forum and its members.

Lets see if he is a gentleman and a man of his word.
Martin

John Maddison
Blackwood

Post by John Maddison » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:39 pm

kiwigeo wrote:
I have received an email from the owner of laxmitonewoods and he offers a full apology ...
Must admit he had a few nice lumps of wood on their website.
John M

sebastiaan56
Blackwood

Post by sebastiaan56 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:40 pm

Im with Jim, my uncle just died and has left me a large sum of money in a previously undisclosed off shore bank account. As I dont have the available funds to get legal access to this sum (even though it is rightfully mine) I am looking for someone to stand me an $AUD10,000 deposit. Of course when the transaction is completed their money will be returned 100 fold.

What was his email again?
make mine fifths........

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:41 pm

John FM wrote:
Must admit he had a few nice lumps of wood on their website.

And McDonalds burgers look so nice when you see them on TV. :lol:

Cheers

Kim

This is the final re-constructed message of this topic posted by the ANZLF help team.

dave myers
Gidgee

Post by dave myers » Wed May 18, 2016 4:23 am

Hello all, I know that this is a old thread but given that is is the only semi review or mention of Kiran Revar or Laxmi tonewoods that comes up when searching google for opinions of the vendor i thought I would recount my experience. A few months ago i began placing sample orders with various vendors in India for ebony bone and rosewood, one of them was with Kiran Revar of Laxmi Tonewoods. I went ahead and placed order and made payment. At this point now months later he has claimed to have shipped my order on 5 different occasions and promised to post the tracking number later that day which never happened. Now after doing some more investigation and posting on Facebook this incident others have come forward to me that they tot have had similar experiences with some actually getting their orders 6 months to a year later and others not getting anything at all. There are many good vendors in India - this one is the rotten apple in the box spoiling it for the rest.