A chip of the old block

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Taffy Evans
Blackwood

A chip of the old block

Post by Taffy Evans » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:10 pm

You are viewing a re-constructed thread by the ANZLF recovery team. For more information click here.

"Originally Posted on: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:50 pm"

I received a phone call from my grandson Jake who lives 500k away to ask if he could come and stay for a week. He said that he had just bought three guitars and that they all needed some TLC so could he come and work on them.

Now this guy is now only 14 years old and with these three he now has 7 guitars. If go there it’s a long story so I’ll just say one of them was one he built in my workshop when he was 10yo, a Les Paul Jnr style solid body.

He came for the week and worked on all of the guitars, he commented how surprised he was at the degree of work that has to go into a guitar to get it into top playing condition. At this point I had flashbacks of the EBay purchases I have worked on for customers over the years. Hooray for EBay I say.

Anyway, the guitar shown I thought was worth sharing with you. It’s not a valuable collector, but is in mint condition, unmarked and all original.

It’s a Tempo Les Paul copy, circa 1974. It’s a real good copy, its heavy and the plating has stood the test of time. There’s no wear on the frets or fingerboard and it’s in its original case. It’s even a joy to play, that’s probably why Jake decided to keep this one and sell the others.

Oh, the other guitars were a brand new 4 string bass and a plywood student guitar. All for $150.00 of his hard earned mowing money.

img~
img~

Thanks for looking

This is the final re-constructed message of this topic posted by the ANZLF help team.
Taff