Singapore Guitar Festival.

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

ashparekh

Singapore Guitar Festival.

Post by ashparekh » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:23 pm

Dear Friends,

I have been to Singapore Guitar Show. I had a very nice time to meet luthiers over there and had a very nice time especially with Jack Spira and Sachar Ramos. Please see some of our pictures at the show. I hope you like it.
Attachments
sachar.pdf
(933.27 KiB) Downloaded 558 times
guitars.pdf
(1.69 MiB) Downloaded 572 times
jack.pdf
(1.67 MiB) Downloaded 666 times

Allen
Blackwood

Re: Singapore Guitar Festival.

Post by Allen » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:55 pm

Is that you with Jack in the last photo Ashok? If so it's good to put a face to the name.
Allen R. McFarlen
https://www.brguitars.com
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

ashparekh

Post by ashparekh » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:07 pm

Hi Allen,

Yes that is me with Jack.

jackspira
Kauri

Post by jackspira » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:02 am

Thanks for mentioning the Singapore show Ashok. I had a great time there and have some pictures to put up if I can figure it out...
It was so good to meet Ashok, and also a bunch of really cool guitar makers from the region that I never realised were there! I certainly had my horizons broadened and it was great!
I already knew of Jeffery Young in Malasia, and he certainly had some amazing instruments on show. There were also makers from Thialand ( Narongsak Visesnut and Wiroon Songbundit) and Indonesia ( Hartop and Sven Suwig), as well as Singapore ( Hozen from Maestro guitars and Glen Ho). There were two from AU, me and Sachar Amos. There were also some fantastic instruments from other parts of the world, beautiful Kinnaird, Bashkin, Greven and Lowden instruments to name a few I can recall. It was definitly worth going and I would love to go again next year ( although it feels a bit wrong to burn all that carbon for a weekend in Singapore...). It was so good to get into an international setting, which is mostly too expensive for me to get to ( and I'm sure many Australians when looking at the shows in north America and Europe and Japan) Singapore is much more doable, especially from W.A. Actually Andrew Ellis turned up as well on the Sunday, he didn't have any guitars sadly, was passing through, was great to see him too! Maybe he'll bring some next time. All the details and links to the makers are on the singaoreguitarshow web page
Ashok brought some fantastic rosewood to ogle, and there was some more great wood to look through from Associated traders.
The attendence was very good, it was non stop all weekend. Also the people coming were all mostly serious guitar players and collecters, so it was very well organised and attended.
All in all a brilliant show, and all the credit for its success is due to Terence Tan and Jeremy and Co, thanks so much!

Cheers!
jack
sing1.jpg
Sachars table
sing1.jpg (44.93 KiB) Viewed 5459 times
sing2.jpg
Hozen
sing2.jpg (58.47 KiB) Viewed 5459 times
sing3.jpg
sing3.jpg (49.6 KiB) Viewed 5459 times
singA.jpg
singA.jpg (44.38 KiB) Viewed 5459 times
SingB.jpg
Folding Greven
SingB.jpg (54.74 KiB) Viewed 5459 times
SingC.jpg
Jeffery Young
SingC.jpg (49.43 KiB) Viewed 5459 times
SIngD.jpg
Guys from Thailand, Wiroon Songbundit and Narongsak Visesnut
SIngD.jpg (52.59 KiB) Viewed 5459 times
SingE.jpg
Visesnut classical
SingE.jpg (52.44 KiB) Viewed 5459 times
SingF.jpg
jeffery Young
SingF.jpg (54.06 KiB) Viewed 5459 times
Attachments
SingH.jpg
Hartop Suwig
SingH.jpg (51.75 KiB) Viewed 5459 times
SIngG.jpg
Suwig guitars
SIngG.jpg (46.5 KiB) Viewed 5459 times

JJ model
Blackwood

Post by JJ model » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:37 am

Hi folks,
Its been awhile and i understand the forum has been robbed, I was at the recent SGS and just to share abit from my side.
The festival a 1st in Singapore and I didn't expect the overwhelming crowds that flooded the hall for the 2 days event.
A big Thank You to the organizers and Congratulations to the successful events and also all the participants. :cl :cl :cl
Here are a link where you can view more pictures.
http://www.guitar4christ.com/index.php? ... 32&t=35895
I enjoyed and met many potential customers. Looking forward to the next edition.
Jeff