Pics Of A Pretty Girl And Heshtone Guitars

Talk about musical instrument construction, setup and repair.

Moderators: kiwigeo, Jeremy D

Hesh1956
Blackwood

Pics Of A Pretty Girl And Heshtone Guitars

Post by Hesh1956 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:01 pm

A friend of mine and his band are releasing a new album soon and he put together a photo shoot for his album cover. My friend asked me if he could feature some Heshtones in the pictures and of course I was pleased as punch to accommodate him. :D

The concept is a recreation of the Hippie days/subculture and for the shoot my friend obtained a model (the pretty girl) and a 1969 VM micro-bus.

While we were waiting for the photographer to arrive I took some shots myself and thought that you guys might get a kick out of seeing them. Mind you I am no pro photographer but I think that you will get the idea anyway.

Most of all I had a ball and everyone was in a great mood and seemed to have a great day too. Take a look:

This is Angie who has a great smile and is very photogenic.

Of course she had never held a guitar before but hey why sweat the small stuff.... :D

This was an early guitar for me, a blast from the past with a flamed Redwood top from Uncle Bob at RC Tonewoods.

You are looking at the guitars aren't you???? :D

Here are some shots of the restored and tricked out micro-bus. Complete with a tie-dyed bed inside it looks period correct to me.

I was asked to get a butt shot to show off Angie's patches on the back of her jeans. I can't remember the last time people actually asked me to get a butt shot.... :D

Anyway it was a great day and everyone had a great time. Some of these pics, perhaps some others too will make it to my new web site that I am working on too.

Thanks for looking!!

kiwigeo
Admin

Re: Pics Of A Pretty Girl And Heshtone Guitars

Post by kiwigeo » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:06 pm

Hesh1956 wrote:
You are looking at the guitars aren't you???? :D
The guitars?? Oh yeah...the guitars.

Nice guitars Heshie.....

Kim
Admin

Post by Kim » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:17 pm

Nice diff! That combi could move a lot of wood but would be much more appealing if the headlight covers were removed. :lol: :lol:

Thanks for posting Hesh..........

Oh, the guitars are pretty dam good to but those strings look like they need replacing.

Cheers

Kim

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:03 am

Bell bottoms....I remember them. :D
Allen R. McFarlen
https://www.brguitars.com
Facebook
Cairns, Australia

kiwigeo
Admin

Post by kiwigeo » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:42 am

Allen wrote:Bell bottoms....I remember them. :D
A Belle bottom in bell bottoms? 8)

SteveSmith
Gidgee

Post by SteveSmith » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:42 am

Hi guys, I'm usually over at OLF or MIMF but couldn't pass this one up. I used to have a tricked out '69 VW van - that really brings back some memories.
Steve

Allen
Blackwood

Post by Allen » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:25 pm

I see this is your first post Steve, so welcome to our friendly forum. And if you had an old VW, you're not a bad sort. Mine was a 1970, but not as near as good nic as that one. If it was I reckon I could have had a pretty girl with a guitar to tag along with me on my travels in Mexico too. :D
Allen R. McFarlen
https://www.brguitars.com
Facebook
Cairns, Australia